3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2013 8:41 AM by A.T. Romano

Photoshop element 12

Baz1946

Any help please?.....Being oh so very new to all this I have bought photoshop elements 12 upgrade,  so I presume I have to have  a / any previous version on my mac for this to work? if so what versions ie: number element would I need.

Many thanks for helping out someone who hasn't a clue......Yet!

• 1. Re: Photoshop element 12
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You do not need to have a previous version of the product on your computer in order to install the upgrade.

The upgrade is a full version of the product at an upgrade price.

• 2. Re: Photoshop element 12
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Also, Photoshop Elements has a different forum http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop_elements

• 3. Re: Photoshop element 12
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Baz1946

Probably said already, but I will repeat for re-enforcement.

Photoshop Elements as well as Premiere Elements are standalone programs.

There is no upgrade as in the sense that the Photoshop (more expensive line) has used the term Ungrade. "Upgrade" when it comes to Premiere Elements is a pricing break related term, typically at Adobe. If you have purchased an earlier version of 12 and you are buying 12, then you will be offered a lower price for 12 than if you have never purchased the product before.

Whether you are in the Photoshop Elements Forum (where Photoshop Elements questions should be posted) or here in the Premiere Elements Forum (for video editing questions), the answer to your question would be the same.

ATR