3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2013 3:29 PM by A.T. Romano RSS

Update Intel HD Graphics Driver

CP User

I am getting the following error:

---------------------------
      Adobe Premiere Elements
      We have detected an incompatible display driver. To get a better and faster playback performance, please update your display driver.

Display driver details :Intel - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 3.0.0 - Build 9.18.10.3107
      OK  

How do I update this????

This happens when I try to go into my project file.....

Thank you,

Jeff

• 1. Re: Update Intel HD Graphics Driver
          A.T. Romano Community Member

Jeff

The usual drill is to check the information about the video card driver at the web site of the manufacturer of the video card.

If the page information matches what you have, you might want to check the Intel web site and click on "automatically detect and update drivers and software" before the do it yourself tracking the HD Graphics 4600.

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/graphics/4cp-hd4600gfx

I suspect your card driver is up to date, but best check. Then we will go into the action of deleting the BadDrivers.txt file for Premiere

Elements 11.

Local Disc C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete. Be sure to have Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the whole path to the BadDrivers.txt file.

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Update Intel HD Graphics Driver
            CP User Community Member

ATR - You are the best.  As soon as I read your response even close I found the BadDriver.txt file.  Why does that happen.  I did update a driver but it was still bad so that is when I deleted the txt file.

Again

Thank you,

Jeff

• 3. Re: Update Intel HD Graphics Driver
              A.T. Romano Community Member

CP User

Very glad that worked for you also. That BadDrivers.txt file deletion has been a life saver for many of us.

It started for me and others in my thread way back in Premiere Elements 9 days.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/732067

Daksha123 came with this information and followed up giving the rationale behind it in post 10 of the thread cited.

Congratulations on your success.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR