15 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2014 8:16 AM by RP-Jeremy-

Photoshop CC Not Responding

RP-Jeremy- Level 1

I recently installed Photoshop CC as part of my CC subscription. I used CS6 before that with minimal problems. Since I have installed CC, it has frozen on me multiple times daily.

Windows 7 Pro x64

Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz

16GB RAM

CS6 used to freeze on me maybe once a month, so stepping up to multiple times a day is very frustrating.

• 1. Re: Photoshop CC Not Responding
          Level 7

First, make sure you have all the Photoshop updates installed - you should be on 14.1.2.

Then make sure that all your drivers are up to date (especially the video card driver, which should be updated from the GPU maker's website).

If you have any third party plugins, try disabling them.

Same goes for Flash panels.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Photoshop CC Not Responding
            RP-Jeremy- Level 1

Photoshop is up to date, my AMD video drivers are a little out of date, updating them now.

I don’t use any 3rd party plugins, and I don’t know what flash panels are, so I probably don’t have that either.

I will keep you posted on the results, thanks

• 3. Re: Photoshop CC Not Responding
              RP-Jeremy- Level 1

Updated video drivers, still same issues. Crashes or freezes a lot.

• 4. Re: Photoshop CC Not Responding
                RP-Jeremy- Level 1

After running memtest I found out my RAM was bad. 32GB of fresh RAM, no problem since.

Thank you

• 5. Re: Photoshop CC Not Responding
                  ErikVerheggen Level 1

I have the same problem with up to date PhotoShop and Mac OS X Mavericks

• 6. Re: Photoshop CC Not Responding
                    Level 7

Unless you are on Windows 7 and also have bad RAM.... no, you don't have the same problem.  This topic is about someone on Windows 7 who found out he had bad RAM.

• 7. Re: Photoshop CC Not Responding
                      ErikVerheggen Level 1

My problem is that PhotoShop freezes daily several times. It is not responding. To me that is "the same problem"

• 8. Re: Photoshop CC Not Responding
                        PECourtejoie Adobe Community Professional

Erik, what version of Photoshop are you using? was another version working? Chris is right, your issue must be linked to Mavericks (but you could still try to remove some RAM sticks for troubleshooting sake.)

• 9. Re: Photoshop CC Not Responding
                          ErikVerheggen Level 1

I guess I am using the latest version of Photoshop 14.1.2. x64

My Mac is OS X 10.9

Processor 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Memory 6 GB 800 MHz RAM

I don't know how to remove RAM sticks.

I am just a photographer and don't know much about computer technology

• 10. Re: Photoshop CC Not Responding
                            RP-Jeremy- Level 1

I don’t know what a mac equivalent is for memtest, but I would suggest finding one to rule the memory out

• 11. Re: Photoshop CC Not Responding
                              RP-Jeremy- Level 1

So it turns out that I spoke too soon.

I am still getting 4 or so program crashes (not responding) a day. I ran memtest again on the new memory, passed with 0 errors. I installed the ASUS motherboard diagnostic utility, and it passed. I installed the WD diagnostic tool, passed.

There are 2 main events that are reccuring:

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 14.1.2.427, time stamp: 0x524002c6

Faulting module name: ole32.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7c92c

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000029d76

Faulting process id: 0x1f90

Faulting application start time: 0x01cee0b954e596d5

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\ole32.dll

Report Id: d7d2f2c0-4cb5-11e3-9fbe-f46d0490ad80

The program Photoshop.exe version 14.1.2.427 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Process ID: 910

Start Time: 01cee094509ff116

Termination Time: 158

Application Path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe

Report Id:

• 12. Re: Photoshop CC Not Responding
                                Curt Y Level 7

Your problem is with Faulting module name: ole32.dll

Google this and see if you can find a fix.  Beware of offers to download our program and it will fix it.

• 13. Re: Photoshop CC Not Responding
                                  RP-Jeremy- Level 1

some of the modules are photoshop.exe, ntdll.dll, unknown, and of course, ole32.dll.

Also, I am getting the same exception code for crashes for firefox, powerpoint, acrobat etc

I could not find anything online except run windows updates (my machine has all updates), and run sfc /scannow (no errors)

• 14. Re: Photoshop CC Not Responding
                                    tuuri

Dear Jeremy,

Have you figured out anything yet?

We have VERY identical issues with OLE32.dll and daily random crashes in Photoshop CC. Indesign and other CC software works ok though. We have nine identical computers which all are affected. Your machine seems to be very similar:

Core i7 - 4770 @ 3,4GHz

4x8 Gt RAM
                                    Asus Z87-K Motherboard
                                    GF GTX760
                                    1TB SSD
                                    Win 7 x64

Any software tweaks/installations I've tried hasn't been working. So I think this is hardware/driver issue/bug. Maybe memory related.

• 15. Re: Photoshop CC Not Responding
                                      RP-Jeremy- Level 1

In my case I replaced the motherboard, video card and power supply - after reinstalling everything, I havent had a problem since.

my problem may not be the same as yours, my crashes torwards the end were on random programs - sometimes photoshop, sometimes outlook, sometimes notepad++.

I would definately start with a memtest scan, but it seems unlikely to have that happen to all 9 of your machines.