• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why (and how) is Adobe preventing me from re-installing Flash Player?

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2013 Oct 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a copy of the installation program for version 10.1 on another computer and transferred it to this one, but when I tried to run it, I got a message from Adobe telling me to download the latest version.  DUH!!  The latest version won't work on this computer!  WHY are they doing this?  I'm also wondering HOW they're doing this.  Did they put some hidden files on my hard drive when I went to this web site?  Talk about invasive!  I finally find a copy of the version I need, no thanks to Adobe, and then they actually prevent me from using it!  What am I supposed to do now?  I have programs that won't run anymore, and Adobe has not only been inaccessible and unsupportive, they're actually preventing me from fixing the problem!  This is the most user-unfriendly company I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2013 Oct 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What OS do you use?
What browser?
Without that information, no one can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines