1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 11, 2013 11:18 AM by Captiv8r

What is the technical set up needed to record a live PPT presentation from one PC to another?

S McKay Level 1

I've never used Captivate. I will be capturing a 30 minute PPT presentation that will be conducted by a presenter using his own PC. I want to capture it to my computer. Do I install Captivate on my computer or his? HDI connection? SDI?  I will have a lav mic on him - do I route the audio into his computer to sync with his presentation or record it to mine? Or externally & sync later?

Thank you for any insights!

-Steve

• 1. Re: What is the technical set up needed to record a live PPT presentation from one PC to another?
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi there

Typically, Captivate will need to be running on the same PC as the one presenting the PPT. However, I suppose that one may be able to establish a remote desktop connection to the presenter's PC, one could display that remote window and capture the slides remotely on a different PC running Captivate.

This would leave the audio. Whichever PC is running Captivate will need an audio feed where a microphone captures the speaker's voice.

However, you might check to see if audio is being captured some other way. For example, at a church I used to attend I worked in their media area. The speaker's voice was transmitted through a sound board and out through an amplification system. At the same time, the sound guys captured the audio and burned it to a CD-ROM so that the PodCast could be uploaded later. So you might see if something similar is occurring at this event. If so, you just need the audio in PCM encoded WAV or in MP3 format. You could easily drop the audio into the project later.

Hope this helps... Rick