• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Pop up's

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2013 Oct 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why does flash player keep popping up on my computer screen in the middle of my work

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player? or an update notice?
Or what?

And wothout knowing what OS you use, or what browser... you're not really giving anyone much to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash Player keeps popping up on my screen disturbing my work how

can I fix the continuous POP UP'S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use aol,windows 7,  Flash Player pop up's tell me to install has nothing to do with updates I intalled and I still have pop up's telling me to install in the middle of my work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Something is accessing (or attempting to access) Flash content, then.

AOL (I used to work for them - it's garbage software and you DON'T need it) uses a LOT of Flash content for things like toolbar animations, and they "rotate content" all day and night on their homepage, so every time their server reloads or refreshes a page that requires a newer version than you have, the install popup will appear.

There are two ways to resolve this:

1. Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by right clicking the following link and selecting "Save Target as".

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Save it to your downloads folder - DO NOT run it yet!

Reboot your system.

BEFORE you open ANYTHING ELSE, locate and run the installer.

2. Stop using and UNINSTALL the AOL software that you don't need under any circumstances, because it does NOTHING that can't be done with Internet Explorer, or Firefox and the AOL website. Seriously, it's just about 700 Mb of unnecessary "bloatware".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines