4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2013 9:13 AM by Was DYP

I lost my CS6 apps when two hard drives failed. Where can I download them?

kay50000

I have two subscriptions that I use on three machines. My first subscription won't allow me to redownload my CS6 applications, which I need to continue my work. How can I redownload them and get them to activate on my first subscription?

If there is no easy way to get this to work, how do I go about canceling or suspending my subscription since the reason for getting the extra working seat is now gone, due to losing the ability to use the product in a timely manner?

I should mention that the uninstallers won't work, downloading the creative cloud app again does not work, all the advice I have gotten to date has not allowed me to alter the state of the remaining software that I copied off the damaged drive onto another working drive. Since I can't get the uninstallers to work, I have not been able to remove the apps that are there, and I can't just zero out the drive, I have other things there that need to stay.

thanks in advance

• 1. Re: I lost my CS6 apps when two hard drives failed. Where can I download them?
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Nobody here is going to be able to help with this.

But...in the past I've had success with an online chat. Explain the

situation and they should be able to get things straightened out.

• 2. Re: I lost my CS6 apps when two hard drives failed. Where can I download them?
            kay50000 Level 1

Dear Bob:

I'm sorry to have posted in an inappropriate forum.

I did not have your experience of an online chat being helpful, I did find

one member of the adobe forum who was willing to help, but I could not find

the logs he wanted me to send, and then he went on vacation. All other

adobe support contacts were not knowlegeable, negative, and threatening.

And these other support contacts were from call centers outside the US. I

have had several very bad experiences with the regular adobe tech support

experience.

Thank you for gently telling me that your forum was not an appropriate

place to post.

cheers,

kathleen

• 3. Re: I lost my CS6 apps when two hard drives failed. Where can I download them?
              BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

I didn't say it was inappropriate. I said nobody here could help.

If you can get a subscription or an activation to work you must deal

directly with Adobe.

If you're still having issues, call Adobe and insist on speaking to

someone who can and will help. If you get no results get names and case

numbers and come back and let us know.

• 4. Re: I lost my CS6 apps when two hard drives failed. Where can I download them?
                Was DYP Level 3

kay50000 wrote:

I have two subscriptions that I use on three machines. My first subscription won't allow me to redownload my CS6 applications, which I need to continue my work. How can I redownload them and get them to activate on my first subscription?

If there is no easy way to get this to work, how do I go about canceling or suspending my subscription since the reason for getting the extra working seat is now gone, due to losing the ability to use the product in a timely manner?

I should mention that the uninstallers won't work, downloading the creative cloud app again does not work, all the advice I have gotten to date has not allowed me to alter the state of the remaining software that I copied off the damaged drive onto another working drive. Since I can't get the uninstallers to work, I have not been able to remove the apps that are there, and I can't just zero out the drive, I have other things there that need to stay.

thanks in advance

Here are the links to download CS6 applications.

http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

Don't try coping application files from failed hard drives. Reinstall them on a clean OS install.

You really should be creating a disk image (backup) of your boot partition or keep a backup clone of your boot partition to avoid this kind of problem.