6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2013 7:32 AM by Kasyan Servetsky

Problem with drop down list: on Windows it works, on Mac doesn’t

Kasyan Servetsky Level 5

Dear forum,

I am reworking the MultiPageImporter2.5 script by Scott Zanelli; going to add some new features.

So far I added a drop down list so the user could choose on which pages to place a pdf/indd file: odd/even/both.

my dialog box.jpg

However I encountered a strange problem: on Windows it works as expected, but on Mac nothing happens when I click the popup. When I write a dialog, I almost always use automatic layout and never encountered such a problem before. But in this script the author uses fixed position for the controls so I followed his coding style:

dLog.pageSideMode = dLog.pan4.add('dropdownlist', [10,110,180,40], ["Odd and Even Pages", "Only Odd Pages", "Only Even Pages"]);
      dLog.pageSideMode.selection = pageSideMode;

The drop down list is visible both on Windows and Mac, but on Mac it’s not clickable. What am I doing wrong?

Another question: in the script, the author created three popups. In the code, each popup has a different height (the last element of the “bounds” array) – 60, 88, 33. Does it make sense to make them different if on the screen they look exactly the same (I mean height).

Here’s my version of the script.

I think the easiest solution for me here is to rework the dialog part from fixed to automatic layout.

Thanks in advance.

Kasyan