4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2013 4:23 PM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 - Create multiple files from single clip

jdeters79

Is it possible to clip a single clip into multiple clips in the timeline, and then export each segment as its own file?  I realize this can be done manually, which is what I'm looking to avoid. 

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 11 - Create multiple files from single clip
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jdeters79

Just to get the question out of the way, on what computer operating system are you running your Premiere Elements 11?

Are you referring to "batch" export or just export of one of those split clips at a time?

There is no "batch" export from Premiere Elements (any version). The Timeline content will export to one file type or one disc.

But....

Assuming you mean one at a time exports of those indivdual split clips on the Timeline...the answer is Yes provided that you place the gray tabs of the WorkArea bar correctly AND your export choice has the option of Share WorkArea Bar Only.

Given that you have A, B, and C clips on the Expert workspace Timeline of this one project....

a. Move the Timeline Indicator to the start of the clip that you want to export. Then hold down the Alt key of the computer main

keyboard and hit the left bracket key [ in order to set the left gray tab of the WorkArea Bar.

b. Move the Timeline Indicator to the end of the clip that you want to export. Then hold down the Alt key of the computer main

keyboard and hit the right bracket key ] in order to set the right gray tab of the WorkArea Bar.

That is only 1/2 the job. When you get to Publish+Share/ check out your choice to make sure that it has the "Share WorkArea Bar Only" option included in the area where you select your preset. Without a check mark next to that option, the procedure is no go.

Please review the above and then let us know if any of that worked for you.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 11 - Create multiple files from single clip
            jdeters79 Level 1

I guess I didn't word my question clear enough.  I'm familiar with exporting a single clip from the timeline at a time.  I believe what I am trying to accomplish is sometimes referred to as "batch" export. 

Say my timeline is composed of clips (or segments) 'W', 'X', 'Y', and 'Z', that are portions of the "master file" (or single Project Asset) 'A'.  I'm trying to find out if it's possible to export all of those clips IN A SINGLE STEP to individual files.  Say the resulting files are then 'W.mp4', 'X.mp4', 'Y.mp4', and 'Z.mp4'.  As I previously said, I'm familiar enough with Premiere Elements to know how to do this manually (i.e. one clip at a time).

Hopefully this is clearer.

Thanks.

EDIT:  Also, I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate.

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 11 - Create multiple files from single clip
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

As ATR said early in his reply... no batch

You MIGHT be able to use the (discontinued and now free) http://www.scenalyzer.com/ IF it will work with your file types

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 11 - Create multiple files from single clip
                A.T. Romano Level 7

jdeters79

Just to be sure I covered all bases, one at a time and batch. Answer to one at a time was as written and with which you have apparently worked.

Again, no batch export from Premiere Elements (any version)...and re-enforced by John T. Smith. No workaround.

ATR