3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2013 3:27 AM by jordanh_

Startup crash on Asus N76V (Intel HD 4000 / Nvidia GeForce GT 630M)

jordanh_ Level 1

Hey,

i have an asus N76V, which uses this strange mix of 2 graphics cards "workig together": Intel and Nvidia. Intel 4000, Nvidia GT 630M.

Short list of informations:

-) OS is completely new (win7 64), no additional Applications that could interfere. Premiere never ran on it by now, so its about initial usage

-) Driver version change (i was playing aroung) of Nvidia got the Premiere Application to work, but only for about 30 seconds, even without userinteraction, then ntdll.dll related crash

-) At the moment i have the latest Nvidia and intel inf update, as well as al OS updates, Premiere crashes now directly before rendering the Userinterface

-) i read about nvidia optimus stuff which seems to be fitting to the technology of my laptop, but i didnt find anyithing in BIOS or similar to turn it off, dont know if i even have it

-) for information: one cannot choose what graphics card is used, the Display is connected to the intel, Applications need to support some special NVIDIA stuff to make use of nvidia, even when you set the default 3d render GPU in Nvidia control panel to the nvidia card (very advanced knowledge stuff like it seems)

-) OS and application reinstall dont work

-) Compatibility mode windows 7 or others dont work

-) Launching as administrator dont work

-) Ctrl+Shift start premiere dont work

After about 5 hours playing around and messing up my completely new setup OS with driver versions, i give up.

For the driver version stuff, i would need exact information about both, NVIDIA and Intel driver version that is required to run it.

Do you see  any chance to get this working without spending another day of work? - i would prefer to buy another machine instead of spending days with debugging the issue.
      You have to know, i only need the stuff running for development and support reasons, so i dont care too much about performance and ANY GPU related stuff.

It would be best to just turn off the GPU related stuff...

Another thing is that i dont know how to enable logs for premiere, is this possible? That way i would at least possibly be able to figure out if its about the intel or the NVIDIA driver.

Thanks,
      Harry

• 2. Re: Startup crash on Asus N76V (Intel HD 4000 / Nvidia GeForce GT 630M)
          jordanh_ Level 1

Thanks for the comments John. Unfortunately I already walked through all the posts you linked to. Disabling one Adapter in BIOS is not possible, the BIOS does not have such an option.

The only similar thing i can do is disabling the NVIDIA Card using Windows device manager. When i do that, the Premiere application is able to render the userinterface, but it will crash after about 30 seconds. No matter if there is any user interaction or not. Within those 30 seconds, it seems that the application runs quite normal.

Like mentioned, the Windows system log shows some more information about the cause of the crash, but basically it says that some hardware was failing. (ntdll.dll)

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 7.0.1.105, time stamp: 0x51cbdef8

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18247, time stamp: 0x521eaf24

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000005472b

The solution for this should be to change the driver version. Does anyone know a working driver Version from Intel?

...maybe the windows Crash report helps here, i cut it a bit down. It showed 368 loaded dlls, i display the first and last here.

Version=1

EventType=APPCRASH

EventTime=130261214502532614

ReportType=2

Consent=1

UploadTime=130261214503192651

ReportIdentifier=a80b2e81-33d5-11e3-b800-94dbc948dc02

IntegratorReportIdentifier=a80b2e80-33d5-11e3-b800-94dbc948dc02

Response.type=4

Sig[0].Name=Application Name

Sig[0].Value=Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Sig[1].Name=Application Version

Sig[1].Value=7.0.1.105

Sig[2].Name=Application Timestamp

Sig[2].Value=51cbdef8

Sig[3].Name=Fault Module Name

Sig[3].Value=ntdll.dll

Sig[4].Name=Fault Module Version

Sig[4].Value=6.1.7601.18247

Sig[5].Name=Fault Module Timestamp

Sig[5].Value=521eaf24

Sig[6].Name=Exception Code

Sig[6].Value=c0000005

Sig[7].Name=Exception Offset

Sig[7].Value=000000000005472b

DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version

DynamicSig[1].Value=6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4

DynamicSig[2].Name=Locale ID

DynamicSig[2].Value=1033

DynamicSig[22].Name=Additional Information 1

DynamicSig[22].Value=0ef5

DynamicSig[23].Name=Additional Information 2

DynamicSig[23].Value=0ef5e5b7e60fa94450bf3c7bed762376

DynamicSig[24].Name=Additional Information 3

DynamicSig[24].Value=932e

DynamicSig[25].Name=Additional Information 4

DynamicSig[25].Value=932e877c5bcbaefddafbb463a47b72a4

UI[2]=C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

UI[3]=Adobe Premiere Pro CC has stopped working

UI[4]=Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.

UI[5]=Check online for a solution and close the program

UI[6]=Check online for a solution later and close the program

UI[7]=Close the program

LoadedModule[0]=C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

LoadedModule[1]=C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

LoadedModule[2]=C:\Windows\system32\kernel32.dll

LoadedModule[3]=C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll

LoadedModule[4]=C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC\dvacore.dll

LoadedModule[356]=C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterFLV.prm

LoadedModule[357]=C:\Windows\system32\mlang.dll

LoadedModule[358]=C:\Windows\system32\iyuv_32.dll

FriendlyEventName=Stopped working

ConsentKey=APPCRASH

AppName=Adobe Premiere Pro CC

AppPath=C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

• 3. Re: Startup crash on Asus N76V (Intel HD 4000 / Nvidia GeForce GT 630M)
            jordanh_ Level 1

Problem seems to be solved.

After disabling the NVidia Card, Premiere was (see above) crashing after 30 seconds even without loading any project or any other user interaction.

Solution was walking thru this list:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-windows.html

Basically after all i did (above), there was only the question for the userprofile left. After creating a blank userprofile and starting Premiere there, it worked.
            I guess the 30 second crash problem was related to some Nvidia driver settings that i did earlier in order to investigate the problem (set nvidia to be the card where premiere is run on or similar), even when the NVidia card is disabled.