• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to locate linked multimedia and uploading with Presenter

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone emailed me a ppt that I needed to publish using Presenter to Connect.  I published it but the embedded videos did not work.  When I went to the ppt and tried to view the videos I got a message saying Powerpoint was unable to locate the linked multimedia file and it lists the file name.  I assume this is happening because the original video files are on the person who created this ppt's computer and not mine.  Is there a way to fix this issue or a way to upload the original videos so the published Presenter ppt will play the videos?  The ppt creator sent me a zip file with all the original videos but tere were about 30 short clips and .gif's so I'm trying to avoid locating every video in the ppt.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Marcus

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi Marcus,

Use the Package feature to share the ppt/pptx file. Please follow the steps given below and you will be able to publish on connect successfully.

Steps:

1. Open a ppt/PPtx file.

2. Go to Adobe presenter tab.

3. Click on Package button. A package file will be created. This file will contain ppt/pptx file with all the resources.

4. Now share this file to any other person either using email or network sharing.

5. Open this file now by double clicking on new system .

6. Now publish to connect. Yo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marcus,

Use the Package feature to share the ppt/pptx file. Please follow the steps given below and you will be able to publish on connect successfully.

Steps:

1. Open a ppt/PPtx file.

2. Go to Adobe presenter tab.

3. Click on Package button. A package file will be created. This file will contain ppt/pptx file with all the resources.

4. Now share this file to any other person either using email or network sharing.

5. Open this file now by double clicking on new system .

6. Now publish to connect. You will be able to publish it on connect successfully.

I hope this will work . if you are facing any other issue. Kindly let us know and we will  help you to achive your task.

Thanks,

Sunil

Adobe Presenter Engg Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunil,

This is very helpful but I do have one more question.  When I created the package file there were two files that were saved.  One is a .prpkg file type and the other is a normal file that contains the ppt and the media.ppcx.  Do I email the .prpkg file and then have them use Presenter to publish it to Connect?

Thanks for your help,

Marcus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Marcus,

You got it correctly :-). Email only the prpkg file and use presenter to publish it  to connect .

I hope ,Now you will be able to publish correctly on  connect.

NOTE : Always create prpkg file  using package feature and share to others this prpkg file.

Thanks,

Sunil

Adobe Presenter Engg Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2013 Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources