2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2008 3:01 PM by jonesad

Drag/Drop broken in Beta 3?

jonesad
      Hello -
      I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced problems with using Drag and Drop functionality after going to Flex Builder 3, beta 3? I have 3 projects that all use drag/drop in a similar fashion, and ever since installing FB3 b3 they now error out no matter what I try. My drag handler looks like the attached code, and the error I get is this:
      undefined
      at mx.collections::ArrayList()[E:\dev\flex_3_beta3\sdk\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\ collections\ArrayList.as:79]
      at mx.collections::ArrayCollection/set source()[E:\dev\flex_3_beta3\sdk\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\collections\ArrayCo llection.as:114]
      at mx.collections::ArrayCollection()[E:\dev\flex_3_beta3\sdk\frameworks\projects\framework\s rc\mx\collections\ArrayCollection.as:78]
      at com.wowway.Store.views.components::Product()[/Users/andrewjones/Documents/Flex Builder 3/WowPrototype/src/com/wowway/Store/views/components/Product.mxml:233]
      at com.wowway.Store.views.components::AllProducts/thumbDragStartHandler()[/Users/andrewjones /Documents/Flex Builder 3/WowPrototype/src/com/wowway/Store/views/components/AllProducts.mxml:37]
      at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
      at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
      at mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent()[E:\dev\flex_3_beta3\sdk\frameworks\projects\framewor k\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:9041]

FB3 also opens up the ArrayList.as class, so its trying to tell me something...

Thanks!
      Andrew
        • 1. Re: Drag/Drop broken in Beta 3?
          Peter Flynn (Adobe) Adobe Employee
          You can try looking at the exact line in ArrayList indicated by the stack trace for clues as to what went wrong. If Flex Builder is opening the file, then you're probably launching in debug mode; this gives you an opportunity to examine the actual values of variables right when the error occurs.

Glancing at the stack trace, it looks like your Product constructor is creating an ArrayCollection based on an Array. You may want to check for problems with the Array you're passing to the ArrayCollection constructor.

Hope that helps,

- Peter
          • 2. Re: Drag/Drop broken in Beta 3?
            jonesad Level 1
            Peter -
            Thanks for the tips. As it turns out, it is a bug that exists in Beta 3 but it is fixed it some of the more recent nightly builds. I grabbed the latest version of the SDK and it now works like a charm. For any one who has similar issues, you can check out the bug report here: http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/SDK-14255, and just make sure that you grab the latest SDK build to avoid it.

Andrew