13 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2013 9:00 AM by A.T. Romano

upload button does not work

Cassesmama

I have used Element to edit and upload to Utube in the past with no problem.  Now the button doesn't even respond when I click on it.  What happened?

• 1. Re: upload button does not work
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Cassesmama

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

When you talk about use in the past, are you referring to use with this specific copy of Premiere Elements on the current computer operating system or something else?

The basic questions:

a. What are the properties of your source media?

b. What have you or the program set as the project preset?

c. To what button are you referring

....Online

,...YouTube of Online/YouTube

....Next button after you select your preset (if you get to that point, what YouTube preset are you selecting

d. Is your Internet connection on and working with issue

e. Have you gone through the Authorization process

Please supply the above details and then we can decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: upload button does not work
            Cassesmama Level 1

I am using Adobe Elements 11.  I am using Windows 7 on a 3 yr old Hewlett Packer.

I have owned Elements for about a year and had difficulty loading it.  But with help it was installed.

I upload videos from my Sony Camcorder and have created and edited clips with Elements.  But I have never been able to buen a DVD so I save it to Windows DVD and then burn.

When I upload to Utube, I create a clip and click on the Globe button to upload on line.  It resonds by opening my options and I choose Utube.  It signs in on my page and I am uploading with a few choices.  It did not do that 2 days ago.  I created a clip, edited it and when I clicked on the globe, nothing happened.

My internet connection is fine.  I have no issues with email or on the web.  I don't know what authorization you speak of?

• 3. Re: upload button does not work
              Cassesmama Level 1

And what is a project preset?

• 4. Re: upload button does not work
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Cassesmama

Thanks for the follow up.

Is your Windows 7, 32 or 64 bit?

As for project preset, either you or the project has to set one up at the start of the new project. In the case of Premiere Elements 11, it does that automatically...sometimes OK, sometimes not OK. If not OK, you can start a new project, set the project preset yourself based on the properties of your source media, and then add your media to the project. To find out what the project has set for you, check Editing Mode, Timebase, and Frame Size in the path of Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

So, you should be able to tell us the properties of what you are uploading as well as the project settings you are using for this task.

From what you wrote, you are not getting beyond Publish+Share/Online which means you are not able to get to any of the choices, Facebook, Vimeo, or YouTube.

a. Go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Web Sharing and determine if refreshing there has any impact on the issue.

b. turn off the anti-virus and firewalls

c. delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file found

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder should be the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. In order to see the complete path, be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active.

By the way, what is the duration of the Timeline content that you are uploading. A just in case note, you are not going to be able to use the Publish+Share/Online/YouTube upload if your Timeline content exceeds 15 minutes.

Please review all of the above and then we can plan any further troubleshooting strategy if necessary.

And, the usual drill

a. have the latest version of QuickTime installed

b. be working from Premiere Elements as Run As Administrator or from a User Account with Administrative Privileges.

More later.

ATR

• 5. Re: upload button does not work
                  John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>And what is a project preset?

The Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 may help

Premiere Elements FAQ List (2 pages of FAQ as of September 2013) http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements/premiere_elements_faq?view=all

Premiere Elements TIPS List (6 pages of Tips as of September 2013) http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements/premiere_elements_tips?view=all

• 6. Re: upload button does not work
                    Cassesmama Level 1

I am using Windows 7 32 bit

The settings is HD 10801i, 29.97, 1920 horizontal 1080 vertical

I can not refresh-the button does not respond

The publish/Share Online button is the one that does not respond so I never get to choose my online option

I turned off Norton and still got the same response from Adobe.

I am not sure I understand about deleting the file; just the file I want to upload or more than that?

• 7. Re: upload button does not work
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Cassesmama

Please go to Help Menu/Update and hit the Update button and let us know what happens. Does it give you a server error or just lets you know if you have or have not got Updates waiting for you?

Stop. And, post the result.

If that does not shield some light on the situation, then

a. the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file is a settings file that can become corrupt. You close Premiere Elements. And then follow the computer path given to the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file. When you find it, you delete only it. Close out of there. And, then re-open Premiere Elements and see if your issues remain. The path given is for Windows 7 or 8 64 bit. I do not have a Windows 7 32 bit to verify the path. But, check the following to see if you find the file in your computer

Local Disc C

Documents and Settings

Owner

Application Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder should be the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. Still make sure you are working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active.

b. If none of the above work, then we Deactivate the program in the opened project via Help Menu/Deactivate; close the program; uninstall the program in the Control Panel area; free ccleaner run http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner; and then reinstall the program with the firewalls and anti-virus off. Do you have an installation disc or are you working from an online purchased download?

More later. But, I do want to rule out another suspected factor based on how that Help Menu/Update responds for you.

So, looking forward to that result first.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: upload button does not work
                        Cassesmama Level 1

I went to update and got this message

Server not responding; maybe be firewall U41M1C212

• 9. Re: upload button does not work
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Cassesmama

This may take care of the whole matter, I hope. Let us see if we can get the following to work for you.

Go to

Control Panel

Network and Internet

Network and Sharing Center

Change Adapter settings

Right click on the Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter and select Disable.

That whole plan centers on your computer having this Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter. If you do not see the Adapter at that location, so much for that idea. This worked for me on my Windows 7 64 bit laptop, but not Windows 7 64 bit desktop computer.

Looking forward to your results.

Thanks for trying the troubleshooting.

ATR

• 10. Re: upload button does not work
                            Cassesmama Level 1

went to the control paneln network and sharing, adaptor settings but no option for Microsoft virtual.  Just Nidia or something and broadband connections

• 11. Re: upload button does not work
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Cassesmama

Thanks for giving that a look.

Have you tried disabling the firewalls and anti-virus. In Windows 7 or 8 64 bit, you can do that in the Action Center.

Windows 7 32 bit, not sure.

ATR

• 12. Re: upload button does not work
                                Cassesmama Level 1

Just as an update, I contacted Norton tech support and checked with the firewall.anti-virus down and then the tech checked also and it wasn't that.  So since I kept getting network error on one of my programs I contacted by servor provided and after a few clicks and buttons, it was determined there was something wrong with the connections.  They are coming out to the house to check on things.

Thanks for all your help

• 13. Re: upload button does not work
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Cassesmama

So pleased that you have identified a key component in the problem cause.

Please update us on the outcome of the connections check when you get a chance.

Thanks for the continuing follow up.

ATR