3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2013 2:15 PM by Liam Dilley

help please

ChrisHumbug Level 1

Hi. Is it possible to set up a webpage that updates on its own from info in database?

So all I would need to do is update the database rather than the update the page manually.

An example of the database would be songs and artists so I add to the database and the page updates from that info.

Hope this makes sense to someone.

I'm also a bit numb when it comes to this sort of thing but if you can keep your answers simple that would be great?

Thanks

Chris.

• 1. Re: help please
          fortunegreen Level 2

Hi Chris,

Web Apps are your friend.

This may get you started:

http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/kb/add-custom-content-using-web.html

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: help please
            ChrisHumbug Level 1

This is going to sound really stupid now but I've gone through what you suggested. I've gone as far as building the Web App. I've put it on a page but when i try and fill in the details on the form I've put on the page it tells me that the item is secure and I need to log in. I've not set anything up anywhere on the website a secure area.

Is there anything else you can suggest or can you tell me how to fix this?

Did I say I was a bit thick when it came to this sort of thing.

Thanks again for your help though

• 3. Re: help please
              Liam Dilley Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What your asking is not in most systems.

If you want to update data in the database from a front end perspective you HAVE to login. Otherwise everyone and anyone can update content.

To update content that updates on a web page in that mannner would be via the web apps and loggin into them and making a web app item and filling in the fields set up.

1 person found this helpful