8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2013 10:29 PM by AnushreeDixit

Turn off AutoAnalyzer in Premier Elements 12

OKrider

I just installed Premier Elements 12 and already it is asking me to install an update (Adobe Camera Raw).  Unfortunately, the update won't install because it says ElementsAutoAnalyzer.exe is running.  It does not show up in my Task List and I have unchecked all the boxes in Edit - Preferences - Media Analysis.  I even rebooted but it says it is still running.  Is there another way to turn this off?  I have read many frustrations with the Auto Analyzer running in the background and how difficult it is to turn off but nothing on Elements 12. 

This would suggest that the AutoAnalyzer will prevent any updates from being installed. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

• 1. Re: Turn off AutoAnalyzer in Premier Elements 12
          Rave Adobe Employee

Hi OKrider,

If any of the following .exe's are running in task manager, please quit them in order to successfully update PSE.

-PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe

-Photoshop.exe

-PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe

-ElementsAutoAnalyzer.exe

-dynamiclinkmanager.exe

-ElementsOrganizerSyncAgent.exe

-PDapp.exe

• 2. Re: Turn off AutoAnalyzer in Premier Elements 12
            AnushreeDixit Adobe Employee

Hi OKrider,

Please open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc. Open "Processes" tab. Make sure you click "Show processes from all users" . Please see if ElementsAutoAnalyzer.exe is shown in the TaskManager.  Please close it and then try to apply the update.

Regards,

Anushree

• 3. Re: Turn off AutoAnalyzer in Premier Elements 12
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Anushree Dixit

Is there any place in Premiere Elements 12 program other than its Elements Organizer 12 where the user can control whether or not the AutoAnalyzer is active? Is it all through the file named ElementsAutoAnalyzer.exe and through disabling the AutoAnalyzer options in Elements Organizer 12 Preferences MediaAnalysis?

I have my doubts.

ATR

• 4. Re: Turn off AutoAnalyzer in Premier Elements 12
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Okrider

Is the Adobe Revel running in your Premiere Elements 12, either in the Add Media/Adobe Revel level or in the Publish+Share/Private Web Album level?

ATR

• 5. Re: Turn off AutoAnalyzer in Premier Elements 12
                  OKrider Level 1

Thankyou Anushree Dixit

I have never looked unde the Processess tab but it was there and I managed to stop it and successfully download the update.  A little annoying with Adobe since the update has a conflict with itself and does not tell you how to stop it.

• 6. Re: Turn off AutoAnalyzer in Premier Elements 12
                    OKrider Level 1

A.T. Romano,

I don't know what Revel is and I don't recall turning it on.  I do notice a Sign into Revel option in Elements Organizer File tab so I assume I am not running it.  I guess you never know what is running with Elements!  I did not see it as a process in my Task Manager so I assume it is not running.

To your earlier point about any other way to shut off Auto Analyzer....I agree with you.  I unchecked everything in Elements Organizer 12 and it is still running...what is the point of unselecting it?  Also when I started Elements to look for Revel I noticed it was running again in my processes (taking up 25% of my CPU time).  I am not sure I am comfortable with this undocumented feature its almost like spyware.  I should be able to turn it off and run it manually as required.

Can anyone from Adobe comment...Rave, Anushree Dixit?

Thanks

OKrider

• 7. Re: Turn off AutoAnalyzer in Premier Elements 12
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

OKrider

Very pleased to learn that you resolved your issue. I did not want to distract from the focus of your thread.

One of my greatest problems with the AutoAnalyzer is that it splits my videos into stacks of split clips if it

is left enabled in the Elements Organizer preferences. (Not just version 12). So, I make a point of disabling it first thing. However, in spite of that, my videos in the Elements Organizer 12 are presenting as stacks of split clips.

I do a lot of troubleshooting for others and, as part of that, I am working through the details of "Adobe Revel" and am suspecting it as part of the happening. Just suspect, no proof yet. Still working on how to rule that in or out.

More on that another time another place. Right now, very glad that you are able to move forward with your plans.

ATR

• 8. Re: Turn off AutoAnalyzer in Premier Elements 12
                        AnushreeDixit Adobe Employee

Hi OKrider,

Good to hear that your issue is resolved.  We 'll pass on your feedback and see if anything can be changed regarding the same.

-Anushree