• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IMMEDIATE: Uninstaller won't work. . .HELP!

Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe uninstaller will not work on my computer.  It keeps telling me to close IE but IE is not open at all.  I need to remove the latest version and restore the previous version as it is problematic with my game format flash windows and the screens do not work.  Tech Support for my game has advised hundreds of members to uninstall adobe flash and reinstall the previous version.  All have done that but the uninstaller will not run on my computer which is Windows 7 (64bit).  How can I get the latest version of flash off my computer?

Thank you, in advance, for any help you may provide me.

Rain

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Hey C F:

Another account would not work either.  However, I rebooted into Safe Mode and the uninstaller worked that time.  I downloaded the previous version and now my game flash works.  Problem Solved.

Thanks for all your suggestions and assistance with this issue.

Rain

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by right clicking the following link:  Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)  and selecting "Save Target as".

Save it to your downloads folder - DO NOT run it yet.

Reboot your system.

BEFORE you open anything else, locate and run the installer.

IF  all you want to do is UNINSTALL... download and run the  uninstaller by right clicking and saving as described above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need the UNINSTALLER not the installer.  I save the uninstaller to  my downloads, close all windows and run it but it tell me to close IE and it is not open and will not run.  Have rebooted computer and cheked flash version and the latest version is still on my system so the UNINSTALLER does not work and I cannot get the latest version of flash OFF my computer.

Thanks for your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstaller

If you reboot fully, IE should NOT be running and THAT uninstaller will work as long as it's the FIRST thing you open. It's designed to run offline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed your instructions exactly.  downloaded and saved to my downloads then rebooted computer.  On start up, I went to downloads and ran the uninstaller and I got the message that IE has to close to proceed and it was not open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Task Manager, there's NO "iexplore.exe" showing under "Processes" (not Applications)?

It sounds as if IE is in your startup programs and is opening (in the background maybe) on reboot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked my Task Manager and there is no iexplore.exe listed in processes or start up programs on start up, yet when I reboot my computer I still get the message to close IE from the uninstaller even tho it is the only thing I go to to download and do not open anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try it under another user account. Create one if you have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok will try that and report back in  a few minutes

Thx for all you help

Rain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey C F:

Another account would not work either.  However, I rebooted into Safe Mode and the uninstaller worked that time.  I downloaded the previous version and now my game flash works.  Problem Solved.

Thanks for all your suggestions and assistance with this issue.

Rain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Safe mode'll do it. It kills every startup process from running.
Somewhere, there's an app or gadget that's calling IE in the background when you boot up.

That's not very safe, could leave you open to hacking, or malware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines