Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deploying Flash Player to User environment

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I've been running into some serious issues with our environment, it seems we have a lot of different versions of Flash Player floating on everyones machine at the moment - I'd like to change this as easily and quick as possible.

I was writing a script that used the Universal uninstaller to remove all versions of Flash Player then it would install the latest.  However after it runs it will only partially uninstall the older versions of Flash Player, it sometimes will uninstall the whole thing and Install the latest perfectly. I noticed this only happens on the real older versions of Flash (11.2 - 11.6).  After it uninstalls it partially I try to run the (.msi) installer manually and I get an error code 1722 ("There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as Expected") - where after i must run the  msfixit tool(http://support.microsoft.com/mats/program_install_and_uninstall/) to fully remove the program. 

The script goal:

• Remove all versions of Flash Player using the Universal Uninstaller
  • Deletes the folders as specified:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
          %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player
          %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player

• Installs latest version 11.9 ActiveX and Plugin

User Environment:

• Mainly Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise x64
  • Currently mixed environment on old versions (11.2 - 11.6)
  • Non-admin users

Deployment plan as of now is Group Policy - later ideally SCUP once SCCM 2012 is setup.

Also seeking advise to stabalize environment for future deployments, ie: should i disable automatic update and deploy updates accordingly or is there a way to allow the users to get the latest versions of flash.

Thanks all!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines