28 Replies Latest reply on Dec 25, 2013 2:41 PM by shooternz

Premiere CC 7.1 Update is not showing up

benjaminreece

Hey,

Is anyone seeing the update to 7.1 showing up? It says on the Adobe blog that it is being released today, but I don't see it:

http://blogs.adobe.com/creativelayer/brilliant-visuals-fluid-workflows-over-150-new-pro-vi deo-features-coming-to-creative-cloud-in-october/

• 2. Re: Premiere CC 7.1 Update is not showing up
          benjaminreece Level 1

Thanks Ann, I'm assuming you don't see the update?

I'm curious if other users are seeing the update or if they pushed back the release date. Thanks!

• 3. Re: Premiere CC 7.1 Update is not showing up
            Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

benjaminreece wrote:

Thanks Ann, I'm assuming you don't see the update?

I'm curious if other users are seeing the update or if they pushed back the release date. Thanks!

Hi Benjamin,

Here's what I have, "We are busy at work on the video tools we discussed with over 150 new features expected to ship shortly.  We will update you on availability."

Thanks,
            Kevin

• 4. Re: Premiere CC 7.1 Update is not showing up
              benjaminreece Level 1

Great, so the release date has been pushed back Thanks so much for the response!

Hungry for that CinemaDNG for my BMCC camera

• 5. Re: Premiere CC 7.1 Update is not showing up
                FBJ1980

I got the update, but still can't import my DNG files. WTH!

• 6. Re: Premiere CC 7.1 Update is not showing up
                  DMH79 Level 2

FBJ1980 wrote:

I got the update, but still can't import my DNG files. WTH!

Did you get the 7.1 update or did you update to 7.0.1? The last update a couple months ago was 7.0.1 which is not to be confused with whatever update is coming shortly.

1 person found this helpful
                  • 7. Re: Premiere CC 7.1 Update is not showing up
                    FBJ1980 Level 1

Just checked, it is 7.01. I hope this doesn't get prolonged any further. I have projects I can cut an EXTREME amount of time off of with this one update. Tragic.

• 8. Re: Premiere CC 7.1 Update is not showing up
                      Lumi Tine Level 1

can we get a new date for the cc update release?

• 9. Re: Premiere CC 7.1 Update is not showing up
                        Supermalex Level 1

I just got myself Premiere and Speedgrade because I thaught it was updated, and it is not

Can tell us some kind of new approximative date ? in a week ? this afternoon ? next month ?? Please talk to us...

• 10. Re: Premiere CC 7.1 Update is not showing up
                          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Adobe usually does not tell you excact dates.

Better to give them some more time to get it right instead of having a bunch of features that do not work properly.

• 11. Re: Premiere CC 7.1 Update is not showing up
                            tclark513 Level 3

Adobe did give the EXACT date of 10-15-2013.  They are late!  People are not imagining that date.

• 12. Re: Premiere CC 7.1 Update is not showing up
                              Dave Merchant MVP & Adobe Community Professional

No, they said it was planned for release October 15. The plan changed.

• 13. Re: Premiere CC 7.1 Update is not showing up
                                FBJ1980 Level 1

I wish I could change the plan of paying my subscription so easily. Just paid to wait another month I guess.

• 14. Re: Premiere CC 7.1 Update is not showing up
                                  Lumi Tine Level 1

When I'm running late I text the person waiting for me before I'm late and let them know when to expect me. For some reason most companies don't feel that need.

• 15. Re: Premiere CC 7.1 Update is not showing up
                                    Steven L. Gotz Level 5

If they said "mid month" then no need to tell us anything. But if they said "October 15th" then I agree they owe us a little heads-up.

• 16. Re: Premiere CC 7.1 Update is not showing up
                                      shooternz Level 6

I wish I could change the plan of paying my subscription so easily. Just paid to wait another month I guess.

You pay to use the current version...not the next one!

What is stopping you working with the current version?

• 17. Re: Premiere CC 7.1 Update is not showing up
                                        FBJ1980 Level 1

I just signed up when I heard Cinema DNG support was added. Good thing I didn't book any projects.

• 18. Re: Premiere CC 7.1 Update is not showing up
                                          m.notaro

Agreed.  A simple email or announcement saying its rescheduled official release date would have been nice.  The 15th came and went with radio silence.

• 19. Re: Premiere CC 7.1 Update is not showing up
                                            PierreLouisBeranek Level 1

Well, I for one, am waiting for this new update to come out before I give PP CC another shot.  7.0.1 was lacking in too many areas so I canceled my subscription.  Can't wait to test CC 7.1 to see if it's finally justifiable for me as an update to CS6.

It appears they still haven't fixed the mess they created with the new 'add default video/audio transition' shortcuts in CC, but at least I found a work around to this.  If you want it to work the way it did in CS6, whereby default transitions are added to clips under the CTI every single time, you can simply get a Logitech mouse, such as the G700, or a Logitech gameboard, such as the G13, and set one of their programmable keys to run a multi-step macro: D (for deselecting any selected clips) + Ctrl-D (for adding the default video transition).  There.  Done.  No more mistakes!  One key press adds the default video transition to clips under the CTI every single time, just like it did in CS6!  I'll post this idea in a separate thread later to give it more visibility to others looking for a solution to these shortcuts that got sabotaged in CC.

+1 for Adobe giving a specific release date.

• 20. Re: Premiere CC 7.1 Update is not showing up
                                              Jim_Simon Level 8

It appears they still haven't fixed the mess they created with the new 'add default video/audio transition' shortcuts in CC

I hope they never do.  The new way is a nice time saver when you understand how it works.

• 21. Re: Premiere CC 7.1 Update is not showing up
                                                needles27 Level 3

I saw this over on the Prelude forum from a staff member in response to a question about the release of Live Logger:

We are looking for an end of month release. It will be timed to release with our pending release of Prelude 2.1.

Thanks -

Michael

So, maybe the release scheduled for last week is slipping all the way to the end of the month.  Only a few extra days, but I'm anxious to edit my CinemaDNG files...

• 22. Re: Premiere CC 7.1 Update is not showing up

Jim Simon wrote:

The new way is a nice time saver when you understand how it works.

It's exactly that kind of narrow thinking (i.e. It works for me therefore it would work for you too if you just understood 'how it works') that allows smart people to commit blunders Jim.

I do understand how the new shortcuts work, and that's precisely why I also understand that Adobe should have given us a choice.  If it works for you, great.  But it doesn't work for all of us.  The only way it could work for all of us would be for Adobe to give us a choice.

When will people finally  realize that just because something works for them, it doesn't mean it works for everyone?  That goes for forum users and Adobe programmers alike.  "Different strokes for different folks" goes the expression.  That's an irrefutable fact of life.  Adobe should give us a CHOICE when changing our keyboard shortcuts rather than killing years of established workflow like they did with the Add Default Transitions shortcuts in CC.  At least I found a work around since Adobe clearly has little respect for its own prior workflows. 

Sometimes workflow changes are for the better.  In this case, it was for the worst since it makes PP so much more prone to user mistakes/frustration.  And that, in my book, is never a good thing.  These new shortcuts just aggrave a larger problem in Premiere Pro, which is ability to mistakenly modify content that isn't even in the visible portion of the Timeline.  This includes the erroneous: deletion of content, modification of Motion/Filter settings, and now even the addition of transitions to clips that aren't even visible in the Timeline!  This is just... plain... stupid.  This has to be fixed.  Period.

Given the seriousness of these problems, I'll be posting a new thread about this.

• 23. Re: Premiere CC 7.1 Update is not showing up
                                                    Jim_Simon Level 8

The only way it could work for all of us would be for Adobe to give us a choice.

They did.  Deselect the clip, and it works exactly as it always did.  Select the clip, and we get a new way of adding transitions that saves time.  That's your choice.

• 24. Re: Premiere CC 7.1 Update is not showing up

Not much choice there Jim.  Wether you want the new behavior or not, you're forced to use/addapt to it.  So what use to take one step (add-default-transition), now requires 2 steps (deselect clips, add-default-transition).  Even if there are no highlighted clips in the Timeline, users are still forced to deselect clips everytime they want to add transitions to the CTI in order to avoid adding the transitions to unseen selected clips by mistake.  So a one step process has now become a two step process.  No progress there.  What would have made sense is for the new behaviors (i.e. add-default-audio/video-transitions-to-selected-clips) to have been given their OWN keyboard assignable shortcuts, such as to not interfere with behavior of the prior shortcuts.  That way, users who want the new behavior could easily assign a shortcut to it (even the same Ctrl-D shortcut they used for the original add-default-video-transition function in CS6!)  Users, like me, who don't want the new behavior could leave the funcion unassigned, or assign a separate shortcut for the rare occasions we'd actually want to use it.

Choice is good.

Adobe killing workflows is bad.

IMHO, Adobe should just admit the mistake already and introduce a new separate shortcut.  Arguing that the new behavior should work for everyone just because it works for oneself is as silly as arguing that blue should be everyone's favorite color just because it happens to be one's favorite color.

• 25. Re: Premiere CC 7.1 Update is not showing up
                                                        m.notaro Level 1

Pierre, you have gone off topic.  Start a new thread please if you want to continue your rant.

• 26. Re: Premiere CC 7.1 Update is not showing up
                                                          Steven L. Gotz Level 5

as silly as arguing that blue should be everyone's favorite color just because it happens to be one's favorite color.

But that is exactly what you are doing. You are claiming that because you don't like it, or perhaps can't learn any new tricks, the rest of us should not get the advantages of progress.

What the heck is everyone doing with all of the clips selected anyway? I only select multiple clips when I have a reason to do so. Like applying the same transition to every clip.

• 27. Re: Premiere CC 7.1 Update is not showing up
                                                            Snemanje poroke Level 1

Steven:

new way is really cumbersome. Having only ONE clip selected prevents CRTL+D to work. Let alone the scenario where transitions are added to all clips in timeline. For me it is 99% that I must think of it and deliberately click on empty track, to be able to give transition. It's just one click more, every few seconds and I did not need new function even once until today. Let see my normal circumstances where new way prevent me to add transition:

- I drag clip to previous clip, than I want to add transition. No go - clip is selected - CTRL+D does not work, until I click outsdide on empty track (and while on a laptop I have tiny timeline, where no empty tracks are shown)

- basicly with any work on clip it does select it. Trimming, draging, cuting, ... and than CTRL+D does not work.

- there is ton of situation when you do something with a clip and "forget" to unfocus them. So before it was not a deal, now I must always think that I didn't maybe forget some clip selected in unvisible portion of timeline.

So while it is usefull ONLY for adding transition to applyed titles, it makes us to think, worry and click for one think more, than less.

I actually filled BUG report for this, before I realized it is ne "feature". And I hate that new "featuere" arising all the time faster and faster under "bug fixes" update, leaving us jus wondering one morning why the heck something does not work anymoore. I like new features, but in a more reported, documented way with OPTION to choose.

Such a big application a Premiere is, but under preferences is less to choose than in a Windows Calculator. I hope preferences will be 10x bigger in options.

• 28. Re: Premiere CC 7.1 Update is not showing up
                                                              shooternz Level 6

Click on the edit point to select it (any edit mode). Apply CTRL-D for default transition