7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2013 11:22 AM by A.T. Romano

I need help! Premere elements 9 wont open correctly

Bone Didley

Hello I am running windows 7 and I have Premere elements 9. I think I got a virus latley and now when I try to open elements 9 it will only open up a mostly gray screen and the only thing I can click on is the Organizer. The project bord, timeline, ect, wont open any more. Also I cannot open any exiting projects that I have made. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program just to have thesame results. Please help and thank you.

• 1. Re: I need help! Premere elements 9 wont open correctly
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Bone Didley

Are your virus and spyware scans coming up clean at the present time? Are any other programs on your computer experiencing problems at the present time?

If just Premiere Elements 9 involved:

1. Make sure that you are running the 9.0.1 Update version of the program. You do not have to have the program open to install it.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4929

2. If you can get into the program, deactivate the program and close it. Then uninstall.

3. Run the ccleaner (cleaner and registry parts)

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

4. Reinstall the program.

Make sure that you

a. have the latest version of QuickTime installed on the same computer as Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1

b. your video card drivers are up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the video card

c. verify your computer resources....installed and available RAM and free hard drive space.

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: I need help! Premere elements 9 wont open correctly
            Bone Didley Level 1

So I uninstalled the program and it said to remove the serial number so I could install it on another computer. What does this mean and how do I do it? I did not do this the last time that I uninstalled and reinstalled the program. Could this cause problems? I also downloaded the free version the registry cleaner you specified and it seems like it won't let me do anything unless I pay 30$?   Thanks for your help!

• 3. Re: I need help! Premere elements 9 wont open correctly
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Bone Didley

Did you go to the ccleaner link

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

And, when you got there, did you click on the green Download Button for the free ccleaner?

If you did, then you should have not seen a page where the left column was devoted to the free ccleaner.

Further down in the left column for the free ccleaner is a "Download from:" with several choices. Select

Pinform.com.

If you follow that route, you have a free ccleaner which can be a lifesaver in situations such as these.

On the other matter...

In the open Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Help Menu there is the Deactivation option. Please hit that, close the project/program, and then continue with the uninstall, ccleaner, reinstall as suggested.

The Adobe Licensing Agreement allows for the user to place the same purchased serial number on no more than 2 of his/her computers. If the user has a 3rd computer and wants to install the same purchased serial number product, then one of the 2 others need to be Deactivated to allow for the install on the 3rd so that the total remains at 2 for same  purchased serial number used on the owner's computers.

Deactivation going from computer to computer is essential. But, I believe it is good practice to do that in this instance of your one computer involved in order to do a complete clean up/clear out.

Again, this Deactivation is done within the opened project, Help Menu/Deactivate, and the project/program closed before doing the uninstall in the Control Panel area. When you are going through the actual Control Panel area uninstall with its dialogs, one of the initial ones may make mention of the Deactivation, but nonetheless do the Deactivation in the opened project as described.

Please let us know if you are OK with the information supplied. And, remember to click yes to backup registry when you are doing the registry portion of ccleaner. If you have any problems working with ccleaner, please let me know and I will supply screenshots. But you should OK following the programs instruction.

Do not hesitate to ask for clarification on anything that I have written.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: I need help! Premere elements 9 wont open correctly
                Bone Didley Level 1

Thank you so much for your time and kindness. As you can tell my computer skills are limited and your help has been invaluable. I will try this out after work tommorow and let you know the results!

• 5. Re: I need help! Premere elements 9 wont open correctly
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Bone Didley

Never doubt yourself. You will do fine. These types of troubleshooting situations do pop up for all.

We will be looking forward to your results and will work on sorting out the details to a successful conclusion.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: I need help! Premere elements 9 wont open correctly
                    Bone Didley Level 1

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out and in such a clear way. I am happy to report that after following your directions my Elements9 program is up and running! Thank You!

• 7. Re: I need help! Premere elements 9 wont open correctly
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Bone Didley

Great news

I am happy to report that after following your directions my Elements9 program is up and running!

You did a great job with the troubleshooting.

Continued success.

ATR