7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2013 4:56 AM by VDOSurfer

Elements 12 always crashed

IssI

when I´m going to try to change the standard font in the font "Lithos Pro" at the text  fade in option the hole program is going to crash.

anybody have an idiea for a soulution of this problem ?

Thanks

IssI

• 1. Re: Elements 12 always crashed
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Premiere Elements FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180

• 2. Re: Elements 12 always crashed
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Issl

First some typical drill  questions....

On what computer operating system is your system running? Is your video card driver up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the video card? Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed? Are you running Premiere Elements 12 as Run As Administrator or from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

Could we get further clarification on what you are doing, step by step?

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Elements 12 always crashed
              IssI Level 1

Thanks ATRomano for your fast help.

I´m working on a IMac (2.8GHz , 8GB 1333MHz DDR3 RAM) with Mac OSX (v10.7.5) with admin rights.

1. The program is getting very slowly and the movie is hanging sometimes behind the time line. maybe there are to many movies in the Video line ?

2. always when I´m going to try to change a normal fixed text on the main Video the Program crashed.

1. Step: I add from the bottom menue "title and text" the  "common Text" at Video 1 line

2. Step: I make a doubel click on the black window with the text "add Text", after this I can change the text...

3. Step: I change the standard font font from "Adobe Arabic" in "Lithos Pro" THE PROGRAM CRASHED...

Now I find out, If I change the font from Standard to Arial the Program didnt crash... but its stil very slow... 

maybe I should reinstall the program ? Do I lost data then ? is a real reinstll possible ? or is it only a reactivating of this damaged program ?

If I´m going to re install, how to do ?

thanks again for your help

IssI

• 4. Re: Elements 12 always crashed
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Issl

FIrst thing we need to know

a. What are you putting on the Timeline....number of videos (and format), number of photos (pixel dimensions), anything else. How many titles do you have on the Timeline when you have this Titler problem?

b. What is the project preset? Are you letting the project set it automatically? Or, are you setting it manually?

Look under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and read what it says for Editing Mode, Timebase, and Frame Size so that we can determine what project settings that project is working from.

I am strictly an Elements Windows person, so I have to base the Premiere Elements 12 uninstall how to on what I have read. But, check out this Adobe document on uninstalling Premiere Elements to see if it helps.

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/uninstall-premiere-elements-photoshop-element s.html

If you do uninstall, deactivate, uninstall, use the ccleaner for Mac

http://www.piriform.com/mac/ccleaner

It should be a free program.

After that then reinstall the program.

Are you installing from a purchased installation disc or purchased online download files?

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Elements 12 always crashed
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Issl,

Also, PrE's Titler is very sensitive to fonts - if they are corrupt, or poorly-written, Titler will often crash. This article goes into more detail: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2186476#2186476

Down near the end of that article, there are some tips on tracking down corrupt, or poorly-written fonts.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Elements 12 always crashed
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Issl

Before you go uninstalling your Premiere Elements 12 or go seeking out corrupted fonts, I would like you to go through the following step by step and then let us know how far you get in completing the task successfully.

Open a new Premiere Elements 12 project.

Accept the default project preset of NTSC AVCHD Full HD 1080i30.

In the Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace, go to the Text Menu/New Text/Default Text.

Click on Default Text to open the Titler.

The Titler has 4 sections, Text, Style, Animation, and Shapes. Make sure that you are in the Text section.

The default text appears to have a default font of Adobe Arabic with the font size of 225. In the middle of the

Titler screen, you will see the default "Add Text". Leave that there for this example.

In the bottom row of the Text section of the Titler, click on the arrow (Selection Tool) and then click one time on the Add Text text on the Titler screen to select the Add Text text. You will now see a bounding box around the Add Text text.

Go over to the Text section Font and from the drop down menu find your Lithos Pro font and select it by clicking on it once. Did you see your font change and did the program crash? If no crashes, then, making sure that your text is selected, go back to the Text section Font and change the Lithos Pro to something else. Do this with several other Font choices. Any crashes?

Please let us know the results and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: Elements 12 always crashed
                      VDOSurfer Level 3

This most likely is a fonts issue since the crash happens when in the Titler view and on a MAC! Applications running on MAC OSs are really sensitive to fonts. Do you have Suitcase fusion or other font manager in your machine? They have interfered with Premiere Elements and as my video designer pals tell me, even with Premiere Pro. the other software that Adobe says could be trouble are Extensis Suitcase Fusion, Insider FontAgent Pro, or Linotype FontExplorer X. Details in this link http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-fonts-mac-os-x.html.

When such software is removed, the issue does not exist. Check font manager applications and remove them, temporarily, and then see if it helps.