9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2013 12:00 PM by stanb

How can I get rid of the fine, black, vertical "glitch lines" that print from my InDesign doc?

stanb

In the three orange ellipses in this photo, you can see some of the vertical lines that have been driving me crazy. Any idea what causes them?

I've tried separating adjacent lines onto different layers, merging layers, and everything I could think of. I haven't been able to find anything with google searches-- but maybe there's a name for them I don't know.

Is there any way I can copy the whole page I've made in InDesign into Photoshop or Illustrator, then save the entire page with all its photos, lines, and type as some kind of an image file? If so, what file should I use that would keep it really sharp?  My boss, of course, wants even the tiniest print on the labels in the photos still readable.

Thanks so much for helping me.  I'm at my wits' end, because if I print directly from InDesign I sometimes have glitch lines here and there throughout our manuals, but if I try saving any composites from PhotoShop; it blurs the type and lines.

--Stan B.

Glitch Lines.JPG