4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2013 9:38 AM by A.T. Romano

premier elements 12 wont open

Lindaos

my premier elements 12 wont open at all and the photoshop 12 opens but the screen freezes straight away, was halfway through a video project but have been having difficulties from the beginning- the screen freezing when adding text and the playback and audio stuttering. Help!

• 1. Re: premier elements 12 wont open
          Nash_John Level 3

Hi Lindaos

You can refer to this post and try if it works out:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1286200

• 2. Re: premier elements 12 wont open
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Lindaos

For now I will focus on Premiere Elements 12.

What computer operating system are you running your Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 programs?

And, what is a description of your computer and its resources? Is your video card driver up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the video card?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on this computer? And, are you running Premiere Elements 12 as Run As Administrator or from a User Account with Administrative Privileges? Is your computer optimized...ccleaner run through?

When you talk about Premiere Elements 12 not opening at all, are you referring to all projects...new as well as those that you might have been able to create under the circumstances? Have you disabled your anti-virus to determine if that is interferring with the Premiere Elements opening?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: premier elements 12 wont open
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Lindaos,

Welcome to the forum.

My first step would be just as ATR outlines: check the installed video driver vs the latest from the nVidia or AMD/ATI Web site (important). If you do not have the latest video driver, I would download, install it, then reboot and test. Also, I would Delete the BadDrivers.TXT file, if it exists.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: premier elements 12 wont open
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Lindaos

Just some supplemental comments....all information is important in troubleshooting.

I do not know if I am ready to suggest deleting the BadDrivers.txt file at this point. If and when we get to that point, the BadDrivers.txt

file for Premiere Elements 12 Windows 7 or 8 64 bit can be found in the path:

Local Disc C

Program Data

Premiere Elements

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the Premiere Elements Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete.

Note: The version 12 BadDrivers.txt file exists in the Premiere Elements 12 Folder along with Folders for other versions as well as 12.

For prior versions of Premiere Elements, this BadDrivers.txt file would be in the folder of its version.

12 BadDrivers.JPG

Also, in order to see the above path, you need to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active.

We look forward to more details of your issue so that we can rule in or out factors involved in your problems. Although video card driver considerations are important to the details package, there are a lot of other possibities in that package.

Thanks.

ATR