This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
Hi ellenu. It's been awhile since I've imported any winhelp files but I don't recollect any problems of the type you mention. Certainlt topics with large tables should not themselves be a problem. Did the winhelp TOC reference any external winhelp topic or reference macros? If so, these are not supported ny HTML Help.
Actually, the topics that link to external topics came over fine. It was topics that included a lot of graphics and long tables that got missed. So, this must be a bug in RoboHTML?
I am having the exact same issue, I'm also in the process of creating HTML Help projects by importing a WinHelp project. When I import my .HPJ (Winhelp project file) into RoboHelp for Word all of the topics get loaded, and I am able to successfully re-compile using any of the WinHelp layouts, all of the topics are included. However, if I choose the Microsoft HTML Help layout only the first 19 topics get converted to HTML.
Also, If I try to import the .HPJ (Winhelp project file) into RoboHelp HTML, the same problem occurs. The first 19 topics are loaded and the rest go missing! I have even tried deleting what would be topic 20, to see if it was an issue with that topic. No go....
I would be most appreciative if anyone has any insight into this issue.
WinHelp compiled using HCW.EXE version 4.03.0002
RoboHTML version X5.0.2 Build 801
RoboHelp for Word version X5.0.1 Build 606
Microsoft Word 2002
I think I may have resolved the issue. I decided to look closer at the first topic that was not getting converted. I now see there was an errant browse symbol (+) within the text of the topic. I removed it and suddenly that topic was included in the output. However that only got me so far. It was now stopping on another topic, but this time there was no errant browse symbol. It did contain a table however. I decided to remove the text from the table then delete the table. Voila...everything is is now hunky doory. All of my topics are getting included in the MS HTML Help .CHM file.
Hope this helps someone else,
There's a little bell ringing that maybe nested tables can cause a problem.
Thanks Peter. That does seem to be the issue. In addition it didn't seem to like the errant browse sequences, in some of my WinHelp topics.