10 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2015 8:48 PM by cybertron577

failed to initialize

ImKevin

The extension manager cc will start up and the window opens but then an error box opens saying the manager failed to initialize.  Any way to reinstall?

• 1. Re: failed to initialize
          Carl Sun Level 4

I guess you are still using Extension Manager CC 7.0. Please update Extension Manager CC to 7.1 via Creative Cloud application or download and install 7.1 patch from http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates.html.

• 2. Re: failed to initialize
            lsilva13 Level 1

hello,

after installing / reinstalling the latest cloud version of extension manager I still get a "failed to initiate" error.  can you please advise a workaround for windows 7 extension manager cc.  thanks!

Error1..png

after installing the 7.1 update i receive a message that update failed...            Error2..png

• 3. Re: failed to initialize
              Carl Sun Level 4

What's the current version of Extension Manager CC in your machine? I am confused by what you said "AFTER installing the 7.1 update...". Does it mean that you have updated to 7.1 but failed to update to 7.1.1?

If you failed to update to the latest  version, please delete or rename the Extension Manager CC installation folder, download Extension Manager CC 7.0 from http://www.adobe.com/exchange/em_download/ and install it, then download Extension Manager CC 7.1.1 update from http://www.adobe.com/exchange/em_updates/ and run it to apply this update.

• 4. Re: failed to initialize
                lsilva13 Level 1

thank you Carl for the links, but I still have the error.

I removed Extension Manager then downloaded again using the CC 7.0 link you provided, then downloaded the CC 7.1.1 update again from your link.  Please see the results below.  to summarize the current state, when I launch extension manager after taking these steps... it fails to initialize

ErrorsAll.png

• 5. Re: failed to initialize
                  Carl Sun Level 4

Please restart your computer then try to install the patch again.

I suspect the information about Extension Manager CC was not saved into the Product Configuration Database (PCD). To check it, please launch Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit, input "BridgeTalk.__diagnostics__;" (exclude quotation marks) then click "Debug"->"Run" menu item, search "exman-7.0" under "Targets" section in the JavaScript Console. If you can't find it or its path is incorrect, then it is the root cause.

If You can find "exman-7.0" and the path is consistent with the actual installation path, please send "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\Adobe Extension Manager CC 7.1.1 12-16-2013.log.gz" to exman.beijing@gmail.com (The file name may be a little different).

• 6. Re: failed to initialize
                    lsilva13 Level 1

thank you Carl, but still not working.

I restarted and attempted to install the patch again, but cannot.  I continue to get an "update failed" message (screen #4 above). 

here is the result from ExtendScript Toolkit ...

ExtendScriptToolkit.png

I do not see any references to "exman-7.0" above.  also, I have no "Installers" folder / path to the specfic log file you mentioned.

please advise.  thanks!

• 7. Re: failed to initialize
                      Carl Sun Level 4

I can't understand why you said "I do not see any references to "exman-7.0" above". There is an entry for exman-7.0 and the path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Extension Manager CC\Adobe Extension Manager CC.exe" in the screenshot above. I want to confirm if this path is correct. If the actual installation path of Extension Manager CC is not this path, then it's why the update could not be applied. If this is the correct path, I have to get the log file. It's strange that you have no the log folder. I suppose it should always exist if you have ever installed any RIBS-based Adobe applications.

• 8. Re: failed to initialize
                        lsilva13 Level 1

sorry Carl, my mistake regarding the exman-7.0 reference and the log file.

the path is correct, please see below and the log file is onPath.png

• 9. Re: failed to initialize
                          Carl Sun Level 4

I saw some errors in the log file:

12/15/13 23:38:35:204 | [ERROR] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 14388 | DF037: Unable to delete directory "C:\Users\SILVALO1\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CEPServiceManager4". Error 32 The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.. Check and correct folder & parent directory permissions and then try again.(Seq 1)

12/15/13 23:38:35:204 | [WARN] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 14388 | DW063: Command ARKDeleteDirectoryCommand failed.(Seq 1)

12/15/13 23:38:35:204 | [ERROR] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 14388 | DF037: Unable to delete directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\PCF". Error 145 The directory is not empty.. Check and correct folder & parent directory permissions and then try again.(Seq 2)

12/15/13 23:38:35:204 | [WARN] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 14388 | DW063: Command ARKDeleteDirectoryCommand failed.(Seq 2)

12/15/13 23:38:35:204 | [ERROR] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 14388 | DF037: Unable to delete directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEPServiceManager4". Error 145 The directory is not empty.. Check and correct folder & parent directory permissions and then try again.(Seq 3)

12/15/13 23:38:35:204 | [WARN] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 14388 | DW063: Command ARKDeleteDirectoryCommand failed.(Seq 3)

12/15/13 23:51:47:392 | [ERROR] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 6020 | DF023: Unable to delete backup file at "C:\adobeTemp\backup\adobetmp000230872" Error 5 Access is denied.. Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.(Seq 4)

12/15/13 23:51:47:392 | [ERROR] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 6020 | DW063: Error committing command ARKDeleteFileCommand(Seq 4)

12/15/13 23:51:47:393 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 6020 | ACQUIRED_PERMISSION: for folder/file C:\adobeTemp\backup\adobetmp000130872(Seq 1)

12/15/13 23:51:47:393 | [ERROR] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 6020 | DF023: Unable to delete backup file at "C:\adobeTemp\backup\adobetmp000130872" Error 5 Access is denied.. Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.(Seq 1)

12/15/13 23:51:47:393 | [ERROR] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 6020 | DW063: Error committing command ARKDeleteFileCommand(Seq 1)

Please ensure you have sufficient permission to the folders above. And before update, close all Adobe products including Adobe Creative Cloud and kill CEPServiceManager4 process.

• 10. Re: failed to initialize
                            cybertron577

All you have to do is go to this link and download the cc cleaner it works. Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

If you cant find the download, it is in step six.