I do not have an explanation for what we are seeing, but it looks almost like there is a Sheen Style applied to that blue Fill.
If you like, you can e-mail me, and attach your .PSD. I can handle large attachments. If you do this, please leave all Layers intact, and in the Subject Line Header of the e-mail, include "Premiere Elements Title," so that MailWasher does not trash it. My e-mail is info AT huntphoto DOT com - obviously, AT = @ and DOT = . and all spaces would be removed.
I will look at the PSD, to see if I can see anything in it, that might cause the issue.
Also, can you list the exact steps that you are using, to go from white to the blue in the "Lucy" Text?
Thank you for that PSD. I just Imported that directly into a test Project, then Keyframed Opacity, to provide a manually-controlled Fade-In/Fade-Out, and saw none of what you are seeing. In the case of my test, I just went from 0% Opacity to 100% Opacity, and then down to 0%. Nothing wrong.
In the PSD, I did see three pixels, in a horizontal line at about the bottom of the descender on the Y, in "Lucy," that you might want to clean up, but they would, in no way, contribute to what you are seeing. For the Image below, I added a Solid Color Layer (black), to see those three pixels:
I am leaning toward ATR's comment, on the Opacity of your PSD, in the Video.
Thanks for the response.
I did clean up the pixels in the Lucy still frame and I did solve the problem following up on your comments.
I'm not sure I really understand what I'm changing but it worked.
Here's a screen shot of the editing window where the white Lucy turns to blue.
Over on the right in the "Shadow/Highlight" window there is an option for "Blend with original".
When I moved this from 0 to 100% the Lucy script became solid and smooth.
I went back and did the same thing for the "MK" in the begriming of the title and it worked there too.
I can't tell you that I have any real idea of when I'm doing (my usual state) but it did work.
I wouldn't have found it without you pointing me in the right direction.
I also finally understand what a key frame does in PE.
It's not the same as key frames in my animation software, where each key frame depending on type, determines what happens in the following frames.
Whether the movement is linier or splined, or constant.
Each dot shows the position of some element in the animation, it can just be one eyelid or the whole head, neck, etc.
I never really got it in PE, and I didn't figure out how do put one of those dots on the opacity or volume line in the time line so I can change it where I wanted.
I used fade in or fade out and then moved the dots to where I wanted them.
Another new skill. LOL
The video is almost done now that, that is fixed.
I'll post it here in the next couple of days.
I did spend some time last night trying to combine a figure created in Poser with a 3D stereo video background, putting the left and right background images together with the left right images from The Secret World captured in stereo with Fraps.
If did work and I'm going to have some questions about that once I've messed with it a little more.
The problem is that Fraps captures the left and right image on the same frame side by side, 3840 by 1080.
That wouldn't be a problem with a still image, I'd just cut them apart, but with video getting half the frame registered with the corresponding video from Poser is not easy.
But I did get it to work up to a point, I did get a stereo video that looked correct, but you could see that the background frames left and right, were a little out of register with one another so they looked a little blurry.
Anyway, Thanks again for the help.
Here is the latest Lucy video completed.
By the way all the jewelry that Lucy wears is made by my wife, who has been a potter and jewelry maker for 50 years.
I photograph it and make a prop out of it in Poser, then attach it to the character.
Thanks again for all the help.