4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2013 6:01 PM by outrigger paddler

corrupted style sheets?

outrigger paddler

The style sheets in my old Indesign CS3 documents do not apply as specified. I was told that upgrading to CC would solve the problem, but the problem persists. What to do?

• 1. Re: corrupted style sheets?
          Michael Witherell Adobe Community Professional

Have you checked whether you have accidentally turned on a Character Style full-time so that it might be interfering with your text?

What makes you say your stylesheets wont apply? What are you seeing happen?

• 2. Re: corrupted style sheets?
            outrigger paddler Level 1

Example: paragraph style "BODY TEXT" is baskerville, 10/13, -5, w/.15 first word indent. However, and I have tried this several timeseven creating style sheet anew in INdesign CCwhen I apply the paragraph style to designated text, it changes to Baskerville italic, 10/13 w/ indent and no tracking. This problem has been happening for several issues of the quarterly publication I design, and I had to designate styles manually. Got CC which does not seem to address the problem.

Could it be some kind of contamination from the CS3 documents? I had hoped not to have to create the entire publication style sheets, again.

• 3. Re: corrupted style sheets?
              Michael Witherell Adobe Community Professional

Did you check whether a character style was on?

You are not basing your paragraph styles on "Basic Paragraph Style" are you? You might adjust them to say "No Paragraph Style" in order to insulate them from accidental change trickling down from bad ol' "Basic Paragraph Style".

• 4. Re: corrupted style sheets?
                outrigger paddler Level 1

after reading this, I went back and found that the character style (italicized) was indeed highlighted. i checked elsewhere in "character styles" so that nothing was highlighted. And then reapplied paragraph styles to selected text.

Once.

It worked.

I will double and triple check this, but so far it looks like your analysis was spot on.

Thank you. I have no idea how this happened, and never would have figured it out myself.