4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2013 12:08 PM by the_wine_snob

Resolution issue

lvaphoto

My elements 10 recently started lowering the resolution on my edited photos.  The original is sharp to over 400% but the edited photo is now becoming pixelated before 150%.  Any ideas?  Could one of my settings been changed and how do I change it back?  Thank in advance.

• 1. Re: Resolution issue
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Ivaphoto,

Are you using Adobe Premiere Pro (video-editing program), or Adobe Photoshop Elements (Image-editing program)?

What are the original pixel x pixel sizes of your Still Images?

If PrE 10, what is the Project's Preset (chosen at New Project)?

Good luck, and please let us know a bit more.

Hunt

• 2. Re: Resolution issue
            lvaphoto Level 1

Adobe Photoshops Elements 10.  The original pixel sizes are 5616 x 3744 then I edit and it drops to 960x640 and I'm not sure how to change it.  If I can change it, can I batch edit the change or do I have to do it one by one.  Thanks so much for any info you can give me.

• 3. Re: Resolution issue
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Video is video resolution. Standard definition video (like DVDs) is 720x480. High-def video is 1920x1080.

There is no such thing as 5616x3744 video. Any photos you load into a Premiere Elements video project will be reduced to one of the two video resolutions.

• 4. Re: Resolution issue
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Ivaphoto,

Thank you for the information.

If ONLY Photoshop Elements is being used, and there is no use in Video production, with Premiere Elements, we can Move your post to the Photoshop Elements Forum. I just want to make sure that Premiere Elements is not involved in your workflow.

Thanks, and good luck,

Hunt