5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2013 9:46 AM by Lucia Lao

Can I have a cumulative form

slent Level 1

I have built a form to collect volunteers for different duties at an event.  The form has an input field for the exact number of volunteers that I need in each area.  I would like to have it posted in such a manner that it accumulates the data right on the form.  I don't want the data dumped to a report.  I want each user to be able to see who has volunteered to do what already. Is this feasible?

• 1. Re: Can I have a cumulative form
          Lucia Lao Employee Moderator

Hi,

I suggest that you try the "Publish Responses" feature and see if it works for you.

Open the FormsCentral form, click on the Share button in the bottom left corner, then select "Publish Responses".

Select "Publish" button (you can check or uncheck Publish Response Table and Publish Summary Report)

You should see a "Published" icon on the botton pane.  Hover on it to expand and click on "Copy Link" or "Copy embed code" depending on how you would like to distribute it.

Untitled.png

You can send the link to your end users via email or include this link in your website. Or you can then use the embed code in your website.

Thanks,

Lucia

• 2. Re: Can I have a cumulative form
            slent Level 1

I don't think this is what I want.  I don't wnt to publish the responses anywhere.  I just want the form to be accessable by several people and have any input from earlier users still be visible when a new user accesses the form.  Then I will monitor the form and see how it is filling up.  I guess it would be ideal to publish the final contents when the deadline for volunteers has been reached.

• 3. Re: Can I have a cumulative form

HI,

>> I just want the form to be accessable by several people

If you like to share the form with other people as collaborators via FormsCentral then you will select the Share button as I described above, and select "Add Collaborators".  You can make them as co-author, collaborator or reader, the last two have no editing right.

You will then enter the emails of the people that you like to share the form with. Make sure that everyone you are sharing the form with has an account in FormsCentral (free account is fine).  They will need to create an account in FormsCentral, then validate their user account-id, and then they should be able to log in and see the shared form.

I hope this answers your question,

Thanks,

Lucia

• 4. Re: Can I have a cumulative form
                slent Level 1

I'm sorry, I am not making myself clear.  I don't want other collaborators on the form.  I want person A to access the finished form online and fill in one or more of about 50 fields on the form indicating a selection,  Let's say he puts his name on three of the fields.  Then, when person B accesses the form next, I want him to be able to see that A has already selected his three choices and they are no longer available.  B then puts his name in two other fields.  Now, when person C accesses the form, I want him to see that the five fields that A and B selected are not available so he can make his selection from any of the remaining fields ... and so on until all of the fields are filled.

I hope that is a little more clear.

Thanks

Scott

• 5. Re: Can I have a cumulative form

H,

Thank you for the clarification.

Sorry, FormsCentral currently does not support what you described.

Lucia