4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2013 1:06 PM by jckfrd

Freezes on loading splash screen with error (Mac)

jckfrd

Hi,

I have just upgraded my MacBook Pro with a solid state drive and have re-installed all my applications from my Time Machine back up.

When I go to load up Premiere Pro CS6, it comes up with this error:

"Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display drivers and start again."

Any ideas on how to solve this?

• 1. Re: Freezes on loading splash screen with error (Mac)
          Vinay Dwivedi Adobe Employee

Hi jckfrd,

Welcome to the forums.

Please mention the name of the graphics card/s that you have on your MAC. If it is NVidia and you have updated it to the latest 5.5.28 update then please roll back the drivers to 5.5.25. The link is "http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda-mac-driver.html"

Please update if it helps.

Regards,

Vinay

• 2. Re: Freezes on loading splash screen with error (Mac)
            jckfrd Level 1

Hi Vinay,

Thank you. The graphics card on my MacBook Pro is a NVIDIA GeForce GT650M. I've not updated any drivers individually, but I always keep my MacBook up to date via the software update.

I downloaded and installed that driver, but it didn't work, i'm afraid.

Initally I was having an issue with the ImporterQuickTime.bundle, which after ploughing Adobe forums, I was advised to delete. Which solved the problem of it freezing when trying to load that, but now the above error message appears.

Thanks,

Jack

• 3. Re: Freezes on loading splash screen with error (Mac)
              Vinay Dwivedi Adobe Employee

Hi jckfrd,

This issue is related to the graphics card. Please uninstall Premiere pro. Download version 7 of quicktime from "http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL923/en_US/QuickTimePlayer7.6.6_SnowLeopard.dmg" and the re-install Premiere pro again. Also, if you have Qt version 7 already then just uninstall it before following these steps.

• 4. Re: Freezes on loading splash screen with error (Mac)
                jckfrd Level 1

I have done this, and attempted to reinstall Premiere Pro and now the installation is failing when it reaches 2%.

I get the following error code:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exit code 7

- 0 fatal error(s), 2 error(s), 4 warning(s)

WARNING: DS013: Payload {298CF0B0-8B47-46DF-B726-8E4BFAD5432E} AdobeHelp 1.0.0.0 is already installed and the session payload {AA0D312F-1570-4E7E-9A7D-E191E0090FEC} AdobeHelp 4.0.0.0 has no upgrade/conflict relationship with it.

WARNING: DS013: Payload {A8798E04-96FF-4564-9157-0D4C89CB794C} DynamiclinkSupport 5.0.0.0 is already installed and the session payload {DE88AA40-6766-43D3-A755-8FC374B3D2C3} DynamiclinkSupport 6.0.0.0 has no upgrade/conflict relationship with it.

WARNING: DS013: Checking payloads upgrade/conflict relationships : Failed with code 1

ERROR: 2. Failed FSCreateResFile. Error: -48

WARNING: Failed CreateMacAlias. Retrying ...

ERROR: DW042: ARP Entry couldn't be created for language : en_GB

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please advise.

Many thanks.