2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2013 11:35 AM by Rick Gerard

export a 3D title text from after effects to my desktop

G7Media

I am having trouble exporting my 3D title text from after effects to my desktop to use in premiere pro...sending to render que but won't render for export. Am I missing a step?

• 1. Re: export a 3D title text from after effects to my desktop
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

Are you REALLY exporting.... or are you using the AE Render Queue or Adobe Media Encoder for the task?

And does this animated graphic require an alpha channel?

• 2. Re: export a 3D title text from after effects to my desktop
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It would help if we knew your render settings, your experience level with AE, a little more about your workflow. Even knowing what version of AE and what OS may be helpful. This is probably just user error. Normal workflow would be to add the composition to the render cue, select a folder (the desktop is a lousy place to store assets by the way) and then press render. Without changing anything you'll get lossless DIm (digital intermediate) suitable for use in any NLE but not suitable for playback. If you need transparency then you should select lossless with alpha in the output module from the pull down.

If you want something else then tell us more.

Inside AE, if you see a search help field at the top right corner of the app type in 'rendering,' press enter, then read through the first two articles.