3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2013 3:14 PM by Todd_Kopriva Branched to a new discussion.

After effects Dynamic link

Philipmcgouran Level 1

Hello

Im currently playing around with after effect via dynamic link through cs6.

However, I recently have been trying to do some fancy floating titles in AF (very excited about it too!) but when I move back to cs6 the title's dont carry across, they do go apear in clip but they no longer float?

Also I have been shooting on a sony ex3 and can motion track the footage just fine. When I mix canon 60d footage onto the timeline in cs6 and bring the canon footage into AF with dynamic link, it changes the aspect ratio of the clip in the comp pannel and doesnt want to motion track?

Im sure it is not a easy answer to these questions but any help would be greatly apericated.

Thanks

Philip

• 1. Re: After effects Dynamic link
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Philipmcgouran wrote:

when I move back to cs6 the title's dont carry across, they do go apear in clip but they no longer float?

I don't know what you mean by this. Some screenshots would be useful.

Your second problem with the aspect ratios doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. You should be able to motion track footage regardless of the aspect ratio of the composition.

• 3. Re: After effects Dynamic link
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

A dynamically linked composition takes its settings from the sequence in Premiere Pro. If your footage doesn't match the sequence, then you'll end up with a compositon that doesn't match the footage when you use Dynamic Link to bring it into After Effects.

So, make sure that your sequence settings match those of the primary footage in Premiere Pro.

Also, consider _not_ using Dynamic Link for these shots and just doing the camera tracking work in After Effects and then rendering and exporting a movie that you drop into your Premiere Pro sequence. Dynamic Link is not always the right tool for the job.