3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2013 12:18 PM by A.T. Romano

Output file size restrictions - HD Video for YouTube

TheBanjoNut

For over a year YouTube has removed restrictions on file sizes for individuals that want to do so.  The preset output in Premier Elements 11 for "Online - HD Video for YouTube 1920X1080" will not allow a video longer than 15 minutes.  I need to remove this restriction and be able to produce files to upload to YouTube without file size restrictions.  How can I do this?

• 1. Re: Output file size restrictions - HD Video for YouTube
          A.T. Romano Level 7

TheBanjoNut

You cannot. And, Premiere Elements 12 has the same YouTube limitations as 11.

You need to export your Timeline to a file saved to the computer hard drive, and then upload that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

At YouTube, you would need to explore the opportunities that it offers in the way of "extended times". It may require special accounts.

Without further details of your Premiere Elements project preset and the properties of your source media, I would generalize and suggest that you look at the follow choices for creating this file for upload to YouTube at the YouTube web site...

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets =

MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p30

or

YouTube Widescreen HD (changing the settings under the Advanced Button/Video Tab of the preset)

Please review. If you have any further questions on this, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Output file size restrictions - HD Video for YouTube
            TheBanjoNut Level 1

Yes.   Thank you.   Using the output that you suggested is what I have

done.   I was merely asking about the default preset for "Online HD

Youtube" without having to do one separately as I am doing now.   Thanks again.

• 3. Re: Output file size restrictions - HD Video for YouTube
              A.T. Romano Level 7

TheBanjoNut

Thanks for the follow up.

There are earlier versions of Premiere Elements where the Online/YouTube is 10 minutes. Adobe never patched that when it went to 15 minutes in the later versions.

ATR