• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why won't Adobe allow me to communicate directly with a real live person to solve problems?

Oct 17, 2013 Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot install Flash Player.  I have tried every suggestion posted.  My system is Windows 7, 64bit.  I am the system Administrator and am aleardy logged in as such.  What can I do to install this software so that i can run other programs - including "HP Solution Center," so that I can scan documents?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is "freeware" so "this is it" for support... unless you're willing to part with $39.99 up front with exactly the same guarantee that whatever they try will work.

Easist way to do this is:

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by right clicking the following links and selecting "Save target as" (if you're using IE) or "Save Link as" (if you're using Firefox).

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Save them to your downloads folder - DO NOT run anything yet!

Reboot your system.

BEFORE opening anything else, run the installers from your downloads folder.

For IE, see:Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer  and: ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer  to make sure it's enabled and ActiveX filtering ISN'T blocking content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jhfitchsr wrote:

I cannot install Flash Player.

What exactly means "cannot"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the message:

"The user does not have sufficient privileges to install Adobe Flash Player"

Then the process shuts down.  I have tried every suggestion posted.  My system is Windows 7, 64bit.  I am the system Administrator and am already logged in as such.  What can I do to install this software so that i can run other programs - including "HP Solution Center," so that I can scan documents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new (admin) account and install it under THAT account. People do it all the time. The Flash Player installs to the OS so you can access it after logging back in to your own account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

jhfitchsr wrote:

I get the message:

"The user does not have sufficient privileges to install Adobe Flash Player"

This message is sometimes incorrectly shown when the installer fails to delete/replace certain files.

Try a clean install: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines