12 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2013 2:23 AM by BrancosScreen RSS

Update for PSE11

BrancosScreen

Hello,

How can I download from Adobe site the update for PSE11, for different (new) cameras RAW files support, but the update to be in a downloadable file format, rather than automatic, so I can update PSE11 on the computer that's never connected to the internet and used only for photo editing? Does the question makes sense? Any ideas? Thanks. BS

• 1. Re: Update for PSE11
          99jon CommunityMVP

You have to do it from the menu in Expert Mode:

Help >> Updates

• 2. Re: Update for PSE11
            BrancosScreen Community Member

Thanks, but no I don't want this sort of update, I wish one that you download to a computer and it's there as zip file or whatever, and it's always there, if and when you need it. Like all the other Adobe updates for back-dated products. They are all there, from PSE10 and below, but not for PSE11!?

Cheers.

• 3. Re: Update for PSE11
              99jon CommunityMVP

Sorry Adobe does not make available zip file updates for PSe11 or PSe12

• 4. Re: Update for PSE11
                R_Kelly Community Member

What operating system are you using?

Do you have pse 11 installed on another machine of the same operating system that is connected to the internet?

Is there a specific camera you need the 7.4 camera update for?

• 5. Re: Update for PSE11

Thanks Kelly,

I wonder why Adobe provides all other PSE updates as zip (or whatever) for actual download but not for PSE11?

I use Windows XP Pro latest OS and I have installed PSE11 on it (hard/boxed real version, not virtual download :>), but I wish to have another computer for photo and video editing that will not have any anti-virus software on it or get connected to the internet ever.

Currently I need update for Canon Powershot SX50HS.

Cheers.

BS

• 7. Re: Update for PSE11
                    R_Kelly Community Member

If your installing windows on the other system (doesn't have to be windows xp), you could make sure your pse 11 is updated to camera raw 7.4 on

your computer that is connected to the internet and then copy over the camera raw plugin and you would also need to install

the 7.4 camera raw profiles on the windows machine not connected to the internet by installing the 7.4 DNG Converter.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5569

Adobe wants people to use the updater from within photoshop elements, hence no camera raw updates after 6.7 on the download page, but in your case that just won't work.

If you need instructions on how to actually do the above, we can provide that.

• 8. Re: Update for PSE11

Thank You Kelly

Well how do I then copy over the camera raw plugin from the internet connected computer to one not connected?

Cheers.

SB

• 9. Re: Update for PSE11
                        R_Kelly Community Member

Do you have a portable media device like a flash drive?

Or does your computer not connected to the internet have a dvd player?

• 10. Re: Update for PSE11

Thanks Kelly...of course I have an USB drive and DVD writer/player :>)

Cheers.

• 11. Re: Update for PSE11
                            R_Kelly Community Member

On windows xp the pse 11 camera raw plugin should be in

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 11\File Formats

Just copy the Camera Raw.8bi file to whatever device your going to use to copy the files from xp to your offline computer

On the other windows computer, depending on if it's a 32 or 64 bit operating system, the pse 11 camera raw plugin should be in

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 11\File Formats (32 bit operating system)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 11\File Formats (64 bit operating system)

Replace the plugin that is already there with the one you copied over from windows xp

Also, download the 7.4 DNG Converter and copy that installer over and install it on your offline computer so you have the correct camera raw profiles.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5569

• 12. Re: Update for PSE11

Thanks Kelly,

I'll try but this all sounds very complicated and with potential problems lurking everywhere.

It would be much simpler (and nicer) if Adobe provides actual download as indeed they do for other past issue PSE.

Perhaps they should consider providing that instead insist for us end users to be always online and download stuff directly.

As soon as you start downloading and messing with all these imposed "updates" your computer and indeed a software gradually starts to malfunction. Experience, sadly, has taught me that. So I try not to download "updates" to preserve functionality and integrity of my system and software as much as possible as it once was when it was new out of a box and not "updated".

Cheers.