6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2013 1:33 PM by MEFeliciano

Loop driving me loopy

MEFeliciano

New at EA and I've watched several tutorials on this subject:

I have an animation set to auto play with several nested symbols all the exact same length in time. I've tried setting a "play" action at the end of the timeline but nothing happens. I've also tried setting the "play" trigger on the symbols themselves but nothing happens. I'm going crazy.

• 1. Re: Loop driving me loopy
          elainecc Adobe Employee

Hi, ME-

Can you upload your project so that we can understand what you're trying to do?  We'll need everything in your project folder zipped up and uploaded to some file sharing site like Dropbox, Google Drive, or the Adobe Creative Cloud.  My first guess is to tell you to try "Play From" instead of Play.

Thanks,

-Elaine

• 2. Re: Loop driving me loopy
            MEFeliciano Level 1

Here's the link to it on my CC

: http://adobe.ly/19V1Jfo

• 3. Re: Loop driving me loopy
              AMULI Level 4

Hi MEFeliciano,

If you want the slideshows to loop forever, you indeed need a sym.play(0) trigger at the end of each, as well as setting their autoplay property to true, and setting it also for their main parent symbol.

Gil

• 4. Re: Loop driving me loopy
                MEFeliciano Level 1

Does the trigger need to be attached to each element on the stage or just to the parent symbols? Would it be any more effiecient to keep at the elements separate rather than during them into symbols then having a single trigger at the end of the annimation? Or am I not getting something?

Thank for your time!

• 5. Re: Loop driving me loopy
                  AMULI Level 4

You need a sym.play(0) trigger at the end of each of the five slideshow timelines, if indeed you want them to loop simultaneously inside your main symbol.

Decomposing into symbols is not a question of efficiency, but of structuring your project. Everything in the Stage (in Edge Animate, the stage is itself a symbol, so your main symbol is useless) would lead to a huge stack of elements in the single timeline : much more difficult to read and maintain.

Gil

• 6. Re: Loop driving me loopy
                    MEFeliciano Level 1

Okay, got the loop handled and it all works great in browser preview. So I published it as an OAM file to pull into dreamweaver, but dreamweaver keeps telling me the file is may be corrupted. HUG!!!!