1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 8, 2008 3:37 AM by atta707

best way to build large apps

essa tkinen Level 1
      I'm learning flex to upgrade my community based website and its pretty big with a lot of pages. I want to make is all flash based. My question is how do I keep the file size down. Do I build more then one application to separate parts of the site?

Or can I put the whole site in one application and load different sections of the site when needed.

Do viewstacks get loaded all at once or only when then switch.

And the bigger your application canvas is the bigger your app size will be right. Or does it go by how many flex elements there are in your app

"I found my anwser I'll just use the swfLoader to load in different sections of the app"

Thanks for the help.

• 1. Re: best way to build large apps
          atta707 Level 2
          > Or can I put the whole site in one application and load different sections of the site when needed.

Yes, that's right. You can look into modules that inedependently loadable flex components.

Viewstack and other such containers can be configured on how to load their different views. By default I think it loads only the visible view; but I can be wrong on the default behavior.

ATTA