3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2008 11:45 AM by The Krisper

Inserting Radio buttons in DW over Fireworks 8 exported images

The Krisper
      I am having an issue, as a newbie, figuring out how to insert forms or radio buttons over top of an exported site design from Fireworks 8. I have created my website entirely in Fireworks 8 and the site re-creates nicely in DW 8, but I cant seem to just go ahead and insert anything overtop the image once its imported into DW. I would love some help help with export options (as fireworks sends a jumble of code when exporting html and slices) and some help with best practices. I find it useful to create the site in Fireworks and any help would be appreciated...

Chris
        • 1. Re: Inserting Radio buttons in DW over Fireworks 8 exported   images
          Level 7
          I think you have hit on a major conceptual issue that the whole software
          industry seems to be quite focussed on namely the designer/developer
          conundrum.

Who knows?

Maybe ther will be a solution of sorts soon?

The Krisper wrote:
          > I am having an issue, as a newbie, figuring out how to insert forms or radio
          > buttons over top of an exported site design from Fireworks 8. I have created my
          > website entirely in Fireworks 8 and the site re-creates nicely in DW 8, but I
          > cant seem to just go ahead and insert anything overtop the image once its
          > imported into DW. I would love some help help with export options (as fireworks
          > sends a jumble of code when exporting html and slices) and some help with best
          > practices. I find it useful to create the site in Fireworks and any help would
          > be appreciated...
          >
          > Chris
          >
          • 2. Re: Inserting Radio buttons in DW over Fireworks 8 exported images
            JoeDaSilva Level 4
            Most here will tell you that Fireworks is a graphics program, and Dreamweaver is an HTML editor and authoring program. Fireworks should be responsible for creating the graphics, and dreamweaver the code that displays said graphics.

You'd be better served by exporting each of your images, then building the html to place the images in dreamweaver by hand.

If you want to place a radio button over an image, the image would have to be a background. You should learn the difference between background images and regular images once you start learning how to build your own html in Dreamweaver ;-0

Good luck!
            • 3. Re: Inserting Radio buttons in DW over Fireworks 8 exported images
              The Krisper Level 1
              Thanks Joey. Much appreciated. In using background images lets say, how then will Dreamweaver incorporate radio buttons over the background? My hope is to have an editable region in the dreamweaver document where I can just have the content change and this case, would be a forms page over top of the consistent background image. What you are saying is to export the site as a background image and then insert the radio button accordingly through placing the html table over top? Is this correct?(sorry for my lack of understanding in this area. I am trying to learn a couple of important features)In addition, having the FW site set as a background image would that not render the links and rollevers created in FW inactive or non usable?

Thanks again for the information