6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2013 6:37 PM by LukePVB

Positioning in Edge Animate

LukePVB

I want my elements i created in EA to remain in position no matter how large the browser window is. Currently the elements reposition themselves depending on the browser window. They are in correctp position when the browser window is the size of the web page but quickly gets out of position as the window scales larger. How do i fix this so it stays in position no matter the size of the browser window?

• 1. Re: Positioning in Edge Animate
          Zaxist Level 4

just change your position from px to % (percentage)

you should do this for your stage and all of your elements in the stage to make it works

Zaxist

• 2. Re: Positioning in Edge Animate
            LukePVB Level 1

I tried setting the left and top positioning to % but it just does the same thngs except now when i view in maximized screen size the top position changes a bit but its noticeable.

• 3. Re: Positioning in Edge Animate
              LukePVB Level 1

I cant set my stage dimensions to %. Its all greyed out.

• 4. Re: Positioning in Edge Animate
                LukePVB Level 1

bump

• 5. Re: Positioning in Edge Animate
                  elainecc Adobe Employee

Hi, Luke-

I'm a little confused as to what you mean by "staying in position."  By default, if you set top/left as px, the position of the object will be fixed.  If you set it to %, it will move relative to the size of the browser.  Can you give us an example?

Thanks,

-Elaine

• 6. Re: Positioning in Edge Animate
                    LukePVB Level 1

Well i should start by telling you that im not creating this file from scratch. Im using a preformatted html page that has both css files and lefit and right margins set to auto.

I think that because im bringing in a preformatted html page this is the reason why i cannot change the dimensions of the stage.

The page works fine however the new html elements i added using Edge Animate (namely the contact form button) that flashes thanks to Edge doesnt stay in position when the browser window changes size. It moves in relation to the edge of the window as if it was in fixed position and not static. This hurts as I wish to use Edge to animate certain elements but its not doing to good enough job display my elements the way I want them to.

I've tried everything i can think of to fix this but nothing seems to work how i want it to.

I think Edge Animate has a lot of potental however that is just that. Potential. It doesn't live up to par with what I want from this program. Its a shame.