7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2013 6:29 PM by Shadreck Rukweza

Moving Footage Unusable

Simdor

Hi,

I recorded my footage at two occasions, 8 and 2 months ago. I gathered quite a lot of recorded film and photos from the two visits. A month ago I begun to edit my footage whitout any problems but didn´t complete the video. Yesterday I were going to continue the editing but the clips and photos are all "weird", - but still there. My Adobe premiere pro CC can´t read my footage, it´s really slow and doesn´t work properly. I wonder if moving clips and photos between different hard drives has an effects on it? Since it was hours of recorded footage I didn´t want to load my computer hard drive, instead I decided to use my external hard drive, wich I just connect with the computer via USB and use as I normally would. Has someone experienced this or are there any other cases were the footage have got destroyed? Are there soloutions?

• 1. Re: Moving Footage Unusable
          cc_merchant Level 4

Tweakers Page - Disk Setup

USB is just too slow.

I didn´t want to load my computer hard drive, instead I decided to use my external hard drive, wich I just connect with the computer via USB and use as I normally would.

As in singular? Read the article. Did you wait a couple of hours for indexing, conforming and generating peak files to finish?

• 2. Re: Moving Footage Unusable
            Simdor Level 1

The external hard drive is a 500GB USB 3.0, and my computer is compatible with 3.0. My internal computer hard drive is a 1TB 7200rpm and yes, singular. I just have one external and one internal.

Am sorry for this truly annoying question, atleast from where you stand, but what is "indexing, conforming and generating peak files to finish". Am not a complete stranger to the technical problems that comes with Premiere Pro but I have no idea what those three things means and how I should apply it to my problem...?

• 3. Re: Moving Footage Unusable
              the_wine_snob Level 9

This article goes into more detail on Conforming and Indexing: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3892177#3892177

Hope that helps and good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Moving Footage Unusable
                Jim_Simon Level 8

Define "weird".

• 5. Re: Moving Footage Unusable
                  Simdor Level 1

Sorry, I choose my words poorly... What I mean with weird is the playback of the footage, not the actual videos that I recorded. It seems like the video clips have been damaged somehow, it won´t play properly in VLC media player, Quicktime, Premiere pro and so on. When I open the project the clips is there but everything is just really slow and something is for SURE damaged.

For example, 1 hour ago I tried to import a time lapse and it didn´t work. A couple of minutes ago I tried the exact same time lapse in the exact same way of importing and now it all of a sudden worked. However, many of the videos recorded doesn´t work. It seems like there is some kind of rendering, index, conforming problem...I don´t know. For your information, my computer is fully compatible with this kind of editing. It´s a home-built computer with components way better than it has to be for this job.

• 6. Re: Moving Footage Unusable
                    Jim_Simon Level 8

It seems like the video clips have been damaged somehow, it won´t play properly in VLC media player

You'll probably have to fix that external to PP before you can resume work in PP.

• 7. Re: Moving Footage Unusable
                      Shadreck Rukweza Level 2

You may have to delete the media cache and launch CC to rebuilt that all over again.