When performing with V12 my first Panorama Merge, the resulting panorama Merge got the wrong time assigned (in V8, I did not encounter that problem). With V12, the two source jpeg photo files that were merged into the panorama have a timestamp of 4/5/2013 12:59. However the resulting panorama jpeg file has a timestamp of 4/5/2013 10:59. This result in one additional manual operation, that i must perform after completion of the Panorama Merge: I must correct the time.
I am not sure how that time difference of two hours happened. Is it because I am in Switzerland, where we have still the Summer time and are ahead by two hours from Greenwhich Mean Time?
I have a kind request for the next Version of PSE: avoid to make it difficult and painfull to use the PSE Organizer in conjunction with Photomerge Panorama. Today, without technical reason/merit, use of the PSE Organizer in conjunction with Photomerge Panorama is extremely painful and inefficient. For each result of a Panorama Merge, I have to do all of the following and that is very inefficient (especially with large catalogs) and painfull:
- I must find within the Organizer bin the result of the Photomerge (to do that, I typically need to switch the Photo Bin into Import Batch sequence...and then later on switch back to a more reasonable sequence)
- I must verify and then correct manually the time of the resulting photomerge file
- I must determine which tags were assigned to the individual component/source files, navigate within my large Tag structure to find the tags, and then assign manually to the photomerge result the Tags of the source photos
- I must deternmine in which Album(s) the individual component/source files were included, navigate within my large Album hierarchical structure to find the Albums and then include manually the photomerge result into the same Album(s) as the source photo. Then I have to move the photomderge result to the right location within Album Sequence.
- I must make sure, that the resulting jpeg file is stored in the same folder as the source photos.
All that is a real horror. I am sure, that all opf us (both from Adobe and from the PSE fan community) want to make it easy to use the Organizer.
Ideally, I would like to have (one? or multiple distinct/selective?) sticky options (in the Photomerge dialog pannel? in Preferences? at another location?) that would do all the above automatically for me.
Of course, I understand, that other PSE users will sometimes not like (as I also sometimes do not like) to have the same tags/Albums associations for the resulting photofile as for the compoenent/source files. But It is so much easier to remove selectively one or more Tag/Album association from a photo then to search a large Tag/Album Hierarchy for the correct Tags/Albums and then associate these Tags/Albums with the Photomerge Result.