4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2008 2:40 PM by Michael Borbor

Can a flash app resize itself?

squ1dy
      Hi all! Is it possible for a Flash/Flex app to resize itself, or can this be done only with Javascript?

Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: Can a flash app resize itself?
          M.Jafar_Ali
          sorry brother i don't know, i am a beginner of flex application, i have planed to create login program by using AS3 but its to difficult any body having related example please help me, and i want another information about containers, why we using container and what is container, please help me to develop my skill
          Thankyou
          • 2. Re: Can a flash app resize itself?
            andyd273
            Yes, it is very possible.
            First you have to set up all of the parts relative to the sides of the application frame, so that when you resize the frame, the stuff inside resizes too.

Then do something like
            <mx:Application xmlns:mx=" http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" layout="absolute" width="100%" minWidth="620px" height="100%" minHeight="460px">

So that when the window is resized, the application will resize to fit into the window. and when the application resizes to fit the window, the stuff inside will resize too, and if you do it right, then it will be real smooth.

The minWidth is so because at a certain point you can't make it smaller without loosing functionality... but you don't have to use it.
            • 3. Re: Can a flash app resize itself?
              mpaniagua
              What about resizing the part of the flex application so you can see another area of the host html page? any clues? I'm trying to incorporate some html page to a Flex app and I'm willing to try anything :-)

Marcelo
              • 4. Re: Can a flash app resize itself?
                Michael Borbor Level 4
                You have to modify the wrapper html page, you can do that using notepad or dreamweaver if you like.