4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2013 9:22 AM by StormMarc

Can I bypass all effects?

StormMarc Level 1

I'm using CS6 and need to continue some editing on a project that I color corrected.  It does not play well so I would like to temporally turn off all effects without having to go into the effects pallette of each clip manually.  Is this possible?  In Sony Vegas there is a switch in the preview window to bypass all effects.  Does Premiere have something similar?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Can I bypass all effects?
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

No you cannot bypass the effects that have been added to a clip.

That is where adjustment layers come in.

If you put the effect on an adjustment layer you can easily turn this on or off.

• 2. Re: Can I bypass all effects?
            StormMarc Level 1

Thanks for the response.  For layered clips that's not the easiest solution but I guess that's all that's available.  I recently starting using Premiere on certain larger projects due to stability problems I'm having in Sony Vegas.  Although I see the wisdom in certain ways Premiere works there are so many quicker ways of doing thing in Sony Vegas.  It suprising to me that Adobe has not adopted more of the features that Vegas has had for years that make editing so much quicker. 

• 3. Re: Can I bypass all effects?
              shooternz Level 6

"quicker" vs "stability"   ..seems be an argument that counters itself. 

Thing is..learn the ways of an application and you will find the quicker, better  ways.

• 4. Re: Can I bypass all effects?
                StormMarc Level 1

shooternz wrote:

"quicker" vs "stability"   ..seems be an argument that counters itself. 

Thing is..learn the ways of an application and you will find the quicker, better  ways.

True which is why I'm using Premiere on my "bigger" projects.  I do like the way Premiere does certain things but it could still learn a lot from it's little brother Vegas.