On my Windows-7 Based PC, when I want to copy the fotofiles of a PSE Album to another place (e.g. an external Disk or a USB stick) while retaining the Album Order, I proceed as follows:
- In the Organizer, I display the Album
- I do an "Edit --> Select All" (this selects all photos of the album)
- I do a "File--> Export as New Files"
- Then in the "Items to Export" window that appears:
a) I select in the "Location" section, a folder of my choice (typically, this will be an empty folder located on my internal disks)
b) in the "Files Name" section I select the "Common Base name" option and specify a common base name of my choice (e.g. "Exported")
As a result, in the folder that I have chose in item 4a) above, the exported foto files will be named Exported-01, Exported-02, .... The filename sequence in that folder is the same as the Album photo order.
Then, I copy the folder containing the exported foto-files to my external Disk. bor USB-stick...In your case, that would be a CD.
Perhaps there is a more direct way to copy/burn the Fotos of the Albums directly on the CD...But I have no experience with burning fotofiles directly from PSE to a CD.
Thanks, works well except for the last step.
When the files are written to the USB stick, the last file in the folder is the first file written, so the sequence when the USB stick is read is reversed.
Yes you are correct.
But (at least on my Windows-7 based PC), if/when this is necessary, before displaying the fotofiles, I can sort the files stored in a folder of the USB-disk or of a CD in ascending file-name sequence...after sorting them in ascending file name sequence, I will then see them in Album sequence. But perhaps, I misunderstand sometrthing.
Apart from the workaroudn suggested by Robert, another workaround can be:
1. Select the album whose images you want to write on disc. Make sure that the sort order is 'Album order'.
2. Select all files of the album and click on 'File->Rename'. Give a common base name. As a result all files in grid will be renamed alphabetically.
3. Again select all files and click on 'File->Copy/Move'. Select 'Copy' option in the dialog and click on 'next'. In the coming dialog, select the 'CD/DVD' option and proceede.
4. Once the files are written, navigate to the disc and apply alphabetical sorting in windows explorer.