5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2013 9:22 AM by Anit_Kumar

Report framework requires at least one grouped column

Oliver-2012 Level 1

A Report requires at least one grouped column, otherwise finish button will lead to "The report doesn't contain grouped columns".

Is it possible to configure a report not to require grouping?

• 1. Re: Report framework requires at least one grouped column
          EddieLotter Level 3

Oliver-2012 wrote:

A Report requires at least one grouped column, otherwise finish button will lead to "The report doesn't contain grouped columns".

Is it possible to configure a report not to require grouping?

A report does not require grouping.

Did you create a report using the built-in wizard?

Create a blank report without the wizard. Add a query and then add fields to the detail section. You should not get the error message you mentioned.

• 2. Re: Report framework requires at least one grouped column
            Oliver-2012 Level 1

I created a new report (Page Activity Report) from the Tools/Reports console. I added two columns (Page and Type) and tried to click on "Finish" -> error as described.

Then I created my own report (copied from libs/cq/reporting/components/auditreport) with custom columns (Path, Title, and some more). The report displays the columns, but click on finish results in the same error, too.

Is there any special property I have to set in the configurations/Nodes of the report?

• 3. Re: Report framework requires at least one grouped column
              EddieLotter Level 3

Oliver-2012 wrote:

I created a new report (Page Activity Report) from the Tools/Reports console. I added two columns (Page and Type) and tried to click on "Finish" -> error as described.

Then I created my own report (copied from libs/cq/reporting/components/auditreport) with custom columns (Path, Title, and some more). The report displays the columns, but click on finish results in the same error, too.

Is there any special property I have to set in the configurations/Nodes of the report?

I'm beginning to suspect you're not talking about ColdFusion reports, right?

This sub-forum is about creating reports for ColdFusion.

If you are indeed creating a report for ColdFusion, but you're using a third-party report writer, please identify the report writer so that people who have experience with it will be able to help you.

Sorry for the confusion.

• 4. Re: Report framework requires at least one grouped column
                Oliver-2012 Level 1

Hi Eddie,

I am so sorry - I was sure to start a CQ5 thread...

CF is of course a total different story...

• 5. Re: Report framework requires at least one grouped column
                  Anit_Kumar Adobe Employee

Moving the discussion to Adobe CQ forum.

Regards,

Anit Kumar