2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2006 8:57 AM by Newsgroup_User

Debug

DZ-015 Level 1
      Hey - i'm dealing with a relatively complex application, and don't want debugging to be a terrible pain. I remember back from C++ there was a debug mode where you would walk line by line through your code, and you could track all your variables at any point... etc.

How do I do that, or something like that, in flash ActionScript 2.0? What are your best tips for debugging?

Thanks a bunch!

• 1. Debug
          Craig Grummitt Level 3
          in the control menu underneath Test Movie is something called Debug Movie which allows you to track your objects, variables, properties etc... click on the left side of the line of action script where you want a breakpoint to walk line by line through your code. if this slows things down too much for you, you can use trace() to output variables at specific points in your code. See livedocs for more.
          • 2. Re: Debug
            Level 7
            Craig Grummitt wrote:
            > in the control menu underneath Test Movie is something called Debug Movie which
            > allows you to track your objects, variables, properties etc...

But be careful, some variables or better objects are not displayed with
            its value. Or some moviclips are hiding until you switch the debugger
            off after starting in debugging mode and then switch it on again. And
            you have to search for objects in the objecttree instead of simply
            adding a value manualy. I am thinking again about create my own
            debugger-help.