9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2013 5:44 PM by Mike M

Problem with Flash on Win 8.1

nglasser

I have setup up a Windows 8.1 64-bit system (with IE 11). I went to the Adobe site to download and install the Flash player.

When I go to do so, it says:

Flash Player is integrated with Internet Explorer in Windows 8.  You do not need to install Flash Player.

This seems fine. But when I push the Test Flash Player button, I get this:

You aren’t running Internet Explorer in Windows 8. For other troubleshooting tips, see Flash Player Help.

It points out a few things. First it mentions making sure that in the Manage add-ons section that Flash is listed and is enabled. This is indeed the case.

It also points out that ActiveX Filtering should be disabled. This is the case.

The Find Version display says that Flash is installed, and that the version is 11.9.900.117 running on Windows 8.1 (64-bit), which is correct, but that my browser is "None". In the table, this is the version listed as the latest for Windows 8.

I know that Flash isn't working quite right, however. If I visit a particular web page using Flash, it tells me

Sorry

It appears you are using a browser that is not currently supported. Please use one of the following:
      Chrome 8+
      Firefox 3.6+
      Safari 3.2+
      Internet Explorer 7+

What can I do to get Flash working on my system?

Thank you.