12 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2013 5:11 PM by A.T. Romano

Plugin question

glennpsychdoc

I recently purchased a video noise reduction plugin for Premiere Elements 12 but after downloading it, I do not know where PrE 12 stores it? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Glenn

• 1. Re: Plugin question
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Glenn

Is your Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7 or 8 64 bit or Mac 64 bit?

Without more information about your computer operating system, the "video noise reduction plugin" regarding 32 or 64 bit plug-in, manufacturer's compatibility statement, and such, there is no certainty on installation route.

Premiere Elements 12 does have a plug-in Folder that might be explored, but, without more information than that which you have supplied, I would reluctant to point you in that direction.

Have you looked at the Premiere Elements 12 Audio Effects under fx Effects in the Expert workspace for noise reduction effects?

With more information, I will try to find an answer for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Plugin question
            glennpsychdoc Level 1

Hello ATR,

After spending quite a bit of time on the phone with Adobe, we were able to

see that Neat Video works with After Effects and that is why it was not

showing up as a plugin in PrE12. I have emailed the people from Neat Video

to see if PrE12 works with the more expensive version of Neat Video. I had

downloaded the trial version. I am waiting for a reply from them.

Regarding my version, I am working in a 64 bit Mac.

I am primarily interested in reducing video noise.

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply to my post.

Glenn

• 3. Re: Plugin question
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Glenn

I will try the tryout download of the Neat Video Noise Removal and report back.

Sorry, I picked up on your question at first read as audio noise removal.

I am strictly an Elements Windows user, but let me see what I had find out on this first hand at least on

Windows.

Back soon.

ATR

• 4. Re: Plugin question
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Glenn

From what I have read the Neat Video Removal works in version 11, Windows and MacOS. If so, it should work in version 12.

Did you download the correct tryout, labeled for "plug in Premiere MacOSX" in your case

http://www.neatvideo.com/download.html

More later.

ATR

• 5. Re: Plugin question
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Glenn,

No problems getting the Demo Neat Video Noise Removal into Premiere Elements 12 Windows 7 64 bit.

I will let you translate this into Mac.

At installation, I accepted the default Destination Location = C:\Program Files\Neat Video for Premiere.

Now here is the part that needs attention. When I got to the part for naming the Premiere Elements 12 location for the product, I had 2 choices

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 10\Plug-ins\en_US

or

Custom

Since I wanted 12, not 10, I selected Custom which took me to the next page.

There I navigated to

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 12\Plug-in\en_US and set the en_US Folder as the place

for this plug-in.

When I opened Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace, Neat was found as a listing under fx Effect Tab at bottom of interface.

Hope that helps.

Please let us know the Premiere Elements 12 Mac outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Plugin question
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Glenn

Forgot to give you the last part of this story.

After you drag the "Reduce Noise" effect from fx Effect to the video clip, there is a Reduce Noise Panel in Applied Effects/Applied Effects Palette. Looks like this after you click the Setup button on the Reduce Noise Panel...

Neat.JPG

More options once you click OK on the green Neat display.

ATR

• 7. Re: Plugin question
                      glennpsychdoc Level 1

A.T.

Thanks for getting back to me and spending so much time with my issue. I will look into this tonight but I have just been swamped at work. I will get back to you as soon as I can try this out. Again, thanks.

Glenn

Glenn Bailey, Ph.D.

• 8. Re: Plugin question
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Glenn

Thanks for the follow up.

As I said, strictly Elements Windows person here; whereas you are working with Premiere Elements Mac.

Nonetheless, Neat seems to be supported for Windows and Mac, and the place where you access the feature within

Premiere Elements should be the same for Windows and Mac.

I am not sure how it installs as an application in a Mac computer environment (program files).

Looking forward to your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 9. Re: Plugin question
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

Glenn,

One little caveat on Neat Video (I use it on a PC), is that it can take more time to either Render, or output (Publish+Share) the Clips with the Neat Video Effect applied. Do not be alarmed, and just be patient.

I find that plug-in to be very useful, though it is intensive to work with for the computer.

Also, I find that if I add just a touch of Sharpening, after the Neat Video Effect, the Clips look better. You might have to experiment a bit, regarding the amount of Sharpening, but I would keep that pretty low.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 10. Re: Plugin question
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Glenn

Just browsing the Internet and came across this Neat Video Mac User Guide.

http://www.neatvideo.com/files3/NVPRMUG.pdf

Not sure if you have seen this yet, so I thought I would post the link just in case you had not.

Hope it helps in your Premiere Elements video editing.

ATR

• 11. Re: Plugin question
                              glennpsychdoc Level 1

Hi A.T.,

Well I had downloaded the wrong file so that is corrected.I found the file

in the fx Effects section, went over to the Applied Effects section, open a

clip and played around with it. I still don't know what I am doing in

addition to there being three Noise Effect panels. I will have to download

and print the instructions you sent so I can read up on how this program

works.  So far I really can't get it to work properly but I am sure it will

come together the more I play with it.

Glenn

• 12. Re: Plugin question
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Glenn

Thanks for the update.

The notes on the demo program suggest that it comes with limited functionality so that might be part of the problems.

But, check out what you are doing against the Neat Mac User Guide whose link I posted for you.

We will be watching for your progress.

ATR