34 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2014 2:40 AM by *V RSS

Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing

Red5555 Community Member

I'm about 18 days into my initial synchronization of a 11,000 file library.   I have about 8,000 of the files in Revel.  Then I noticed the Revel number stopped increasing.  So I tried 1) stopping Revel and restarting, 2) logging off Revel and logging back on, 3) changing the location of my upload folder, 4) ensuring my system time is accurate, 5) rebooting my computer.     Possibly of importance, Revel takes a long time to 'Detect changes'.   Also, the synchronizing has seemed to stop in the past and the troubleshooting I did in the past (i.e. above list) gave the impression that it worked - not anymore. 

Thanks for any suggestions. 

• 1. Re: Revel Agent says that the sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
          Pattie F Employee Hosts

What platform are you using revel on? Did you drag and drop photos in to adoberevel.com, upload from your iphone, or do it another way?

Pattie

• 2. Re: Revel Agent says that the sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
            Red5555 Community Member

Thanks Pattie!

I have all my photos on the hard drive of a PC running Vista.  I recently purchased PSE 12 and was please to see that I could backup my photos to the cloud free for 30 days.  I created an Revel account and logged into it through PSE 12.  The Revel agent started up and began to upload pictures to the Revel cloud.  I was able to use the iphone app to see that my Revel account was slowly increasing the total number of pictures.  There were a few hiccups along the way where upload progress seemed to stall.  After clicking around in PSE 12 and the revel agent, things seemed to resume. 

However, on Saturday Oct 19, after proudly showing my friend how may pics I have on the Revel app on my iphone, the total number of pics on the iphone stopped at 8264.   PSE 12 reports that I have 11,000 items in the library that I'm synchronizing with Revel.  As I said above I tried restarting everything but no help. 

When I open the Revel agent, I wait for a while for it to, "detecting changes".  Then it will say, 'your Revel account is uptodate' or something like that.  Iphone app is stuck at 8264 pics. 

I have checked the box, "Automatically access all my catalog media" in the PSE12 Revel preferences since the begining of the process.

Revel seemed to have stopped about Dec 1 2011 in the update in the view I see on my iphone.  There are some scattered other ones I think.  My dates got mixed up when I imported pics into PSE12. I can see there are pictures missing, its not just a numbers problem. 

Is there some way to reset the upload to re-compare the PC library and Revel Library and see there there are differences? 

Would purchasing the pro version make any difference?

Thanks for any help. 

• 3. Re: Revel Agent says that the sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
              Pattie F Employee Hosts

You still have a week left of unlimited uploads, so that should not be the issue. After your 30 days is up, you will be limited to 50 uploads a month unless you subscribe to Revel Premium.

I will look into the Elements sync issue and get back to you. Thanks for the updated info.

Can you try adding one new photo to the album in Elements and see if it arrives in Revel or if you get a message? I want to see if it is account related or related to the quantity of uploads, or other.

Thanks,

Pattie

• 4. Re: Revel Agent says that the sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                Red5555 Community Member

Hi.  Thanks for contacting me.

Yesterday afternoon while writing my second post to the forum I stopped the Revel agent and restarted feeling that if I could just get it to notice the other 3,000 files, it would start working again.  It began ‘detecting changes’ this continued for many hours and then the computer was suspended.  When I started it this am it still said it was ‘detecting changes’.  So I turned Revel Agent off again, added another picture to the Elements library and turned the Revel Agent back on.   It is still detecting changes.  I’ll let you know if the picture shows up in my iphone Revel App.  I assume if I “show” by “date” it will show up at the top.   

BTW, I did create an Album in the middle of my upload to Revel with about 10 pics.  The album was visible in the Revel app but never populated with pictures. 

-Ian

• 5. Re: Revel Agent says that the sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                  Red5555 Community Member

The Revel Agent says that the account is up to date but the picture didn’t appear nor did the total number of pictures in the Revel App change.

• 6. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                    Red5555 Community Member

Hi Pattie,  FYI, I made a new account with Revel and re-staring the synchronization of the 11,000 files.    See if I can get over the 8,000 speed bump.

• 7. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                      Red5555 Community Member

When I re-started synchronizing a fresh Revel account, my iphone Revel app’s number of files would increase every couple seconds by a picture or two.  This went on until about 2644.  Then my wife used the computer and it got shut down for the first time since the synchronization.  Now the number of photos on the Revel app stays the same and it says “account up to date”.   The Revel Agent alternates between taking a long time to “detecting changes”, updating x amount of change, and being “uptodate” but nothing changes on the app.  Even when I add a picture nothing seems to change Revel Agent’s or Revel App’s behavior.

I can’t see clearly what is going on in the online version of Revel…. I can’t find a total file count and the video’s are all bunched up as the most current files but don’t appear in the Revel Iphone App.  However, the most recent photos on line look the same as in the iphone app.  But aren’t actually the most current pics In the library. 

The weird thing is I’m becoming more convinced that the Revel Agent is changing the dates on my pictures… no conclusive proof, just an impression.  I have a bunch of scanned photos that seem to move around a lot in the dates.  Other photos always seem to become the most current photos but the aren’t, they’re old.   However, their “date” changes to being 2013.  ‘Modified date’ and ‘import date’ fields seem more accurate – more their real date.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

• 8. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                        Pattie F Employee Hosts

If you are doing an upload on adoberevel.com and the web page is closed before upload is complete, the upload will stop. I usually upload a smaller batch at a time so I can see completion more often. (usually 1000-2000 at a time if I have a large group). Are you uploading from Elements now or from adoberevel.com?

If you are having issues with dates changing and you are certain, please let me know details and I will report a bug.  It should be using the date the photos were taken and not the date uploaded.

Are any of the files in the elements organizer that you are trying to upload an unsupported file type? (we support video, jpg, and png)

In your statement below, which device and program was used to create the album and upload the 10 photos?

BTW, I did create an Album in the middle of my upload to Revel with about 10 pics.  The album was visible in the Revel app but never populated with pictures.

• 9. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                          Red5555 Community Member

I have been using the Revel agent exclusively to upload pics to Revel because I didn’t want to confuse the synchronization program by moving files that it wouldn’t be aware of.  However, you have mentioned use of the drag and drop process on adoberevel.com a couple of times so I gave it a try on my account that synchronized 8,000 of the 11,000 pictures.  It seems to have added 400 pictures using the drag and drop with out difficulty (I can see the new ones on my iphone app).  However, then the Revel Agent started uploading from Revel to my PSE library 1500 pictures – all duplicates of what I have.  So now my library is 12500 pictures.  Sounds like I shouldn’t mix drag and drop file transfers with revel agent file transfers – it confuses the agent.  I turned off the agent and can’t turn it back on or it keeps adding duplicates. 

All the files are jpegs, mp4s and .mov’s. 

When I created an album I did it within PSE12. 

So.  I can’t seem to get revel agent to fully synchronize or keep uptodate when it thinks it is synchronized (i.e. I add files to the library and it won’t add it to revel).  I CAN add files manually. 

Any suggestions?   Should I create a third account and try to synchronize again?  I feel like turning the commuter off or suspending it during the synchronization may cause revel agent to think it is uptodate when it is not.  So for the intial synchronization I could try to keep it on for 8 days…. Hard to do but possible I think (family gets in the way).  But then there is no guarantee that future shut downs wouldn’t mess up the synchronization anyway.  And the whole benefit of Revel is being able to keep libraries synchronized when doing edits.  Otherwise I should just use dropbox or something. 

So, any suggestions?

• 10. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                            Pattie F Employee Hosts

I have asked the Elements group to work with you on this one. They should be responding soon.

Pattie

• 11. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                              andaleebfatima1 Adobe Employee

Hi Red5555,

Can you please check that in your Elements Organizer catalog, if there are some missing files? That can be checked using Find > Missing Files.

Also, it would be worth checking if sync is happening at all, in say, your First Catalog. To check that, please try renaming a mobile album and say adding one photo to it.

In your Revel account, are there multiple libraries so that it's a possibility that you have marked some of the photos for syncing in the other library?

Thanks

Andaleeb

• 12. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                                Red5555 Community Member

Hi Andaleeb,  thanks for contacting me.  This is a difficult problem, but I really want it to work, so I’m ready to keep working on it.

I checked for missing files… there were 16.  I deleted them from catalog and HD so I imagine there are 0 now.

If I turn on sync (the Revel Agent) using my first Revel account (the one that got to 8000 of 11000 files synchronized) because the agent gets busy duplicating files within PSE12 (copying from Revel back to PSE12).  So I can’t do your test of synchronization with it.   However if I log into my other Revel account (2,000 of 11,000) it is typically stuck (claiming to be ‘uptodate’).  However, today it seems to be synchronizing.   

Now if I look at the same Revel account (second one) in Firefox it is really hard to figure out if new pics are coming it.  I get pages and pages of “videos” (see screen shot – if you hover over, it says “preparing video” is has for weeks) as I scroll down and then couple random pics and then I get some pics that were scanned in in 1990’s but Revel thinks are from sept 2013.  Then I get some pics that are dates correctly… I think they start at 2006.   So if I add a picture I’m not sure I’ll easily see it..it will show up in the middle of a long list of pics (why are these “videos” always at the top when I sort by newest first?).   Anyway, the account thinks it is synchronizing right now and I don’t see new pics showing up (even when refresh the screen)…. It would be nice for Revel-online to give a total pic count so I could see it increasing. 

If I check the iphone app version of Revel then I can see the number of pictures slowly increasing… so that’s a good sign, it seems to restarted synchronizing (and not in the wrong direction).  I can’t see the new pictures, I assume because it is adding pictures in the list between 2006 and 2013 (or pictures it thinks are from 2013).  Yes it’s the date thing is weird, it is like Revel is not consistent in its use of date fields in the metadata – importing with one field and then displaying with data from another field. 

Oh, I just thought of something.  I bet that the second Revel account is updating now because there are 5000 duplicate pictures… its just duplicating them in my other account!   Yep that’s what is happening… its really hard to see because Revel App doesn’t put the duplicate pics side by side… but I can see two duplicates about 4 screens apart. 

SO the first thing I would like help with is if you could find an automated system to get rid of the 5000 duplicate pictures that were created by Revel in the synchronization process.   Then I think we should start again with a fresh account…

Sorry for the long email.

Thanks for your help,

Ian

• 13. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing

Hi Ian,

You can get rid of the duplicates both in Elements Organizer as well as Revel using the feature Find> By Visual Searches > Duplicate Photo Search.

Please try that once all your photos from the second account sync completely to Elements Organizer.

Thanks

Andaleeb

• 14. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                                    Red5555 Community Member

Hi.  

The bad news is that Duplicate photo search is an incredibly sensitive algorithm that results in thousands of pictures that aren’t actually duplicates.  All supposed duplicates need to be assessed by had.   I would take me hours and hours to go through them all. 

The good news is that my number of photos is 11,471.  The problem disappeared. 

What’s the next step?

BTW, should I start a new help desk ticket number for a PSE crashing whenever I try to create an “photo mail”?   This has been a problem since install a month ago.  

-Ian

• 15. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing

Glad to know that the duplicates are gone. As for the photomail problem, Please try running Organizer direct from its exe using right click > Run as Admin.

If Photomail still crashes, following steps mentioned here <http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1079714> should resolve your issue.

Thanks

Andaleeb

• 16. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                                        Red5555 Community Member

I’ll try those steps for the photomail problem.

Can you still help me with synchronization with Revel.  I have turned off the agent because it caused the duplicates last time and otherwise stopped synchronizing in error.  

-Ian

• 17. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                                          ~V Adobe Employee

Red5555,

I am Vaishali from Elements team. The issue of duplicate media when uploading is really strange. I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue.

I would like to investigate this issue further. Could you help me with the following information on the same:

1) How many Revel libraries you have in total?

2) Do you have any raw images in your catalog that you might have marked for upload?

Also could you explain me the follwoing snip in your prior messge. Are you trying to upload into same Revel account from two machines simultaneously or you emant pictures mingling between two acocunts?

<snip>

Oh, I just thought of something.  I bet that the second Revel account is updating now because there are 5000 duplicate pictures… its just duplicating them in my other account!   Yep that’s what is happening… its really hard to see because Revel App doesn’t put the duplicate pics side by side… but I can see two duplicates about 4 screens apart. 

SO the first thing I would like help with is if you could find an automated system to get rid of the 5000 duplicate pictures that were created by Revel in the synchronization process.   Then I think we should start again with a fresh account…

</snip>

3) What happens now if you restart your Revel agent?If it still continues to duplicate media, please let me know. I would like to have some logs from your machines to investigate this issue further.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Regards,

vaishali

• 18. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                                            Red5555 Community Member

Hi Vaishali, thanks for getting back to me.

I have two Revel accounts.  I created the second one because the first was saying it was “up-to-date” but it wasn’t.  The second one suffered the same fate.

Within the first account there is a library.  I did this through SPE12 and specified some pictures to be put in it.  Revel on-line has never populated this library but it does show that it exists. 

I have never set my camera’s to save in RAW and to my knowledge never imported or stored RAW files. 

I hope this helps. 

I’ll let you know that yesterday I purchased a subscription to Adobe Revel to continue experimenting.  I would really like to make it work. 

Yesterday I have successfully uploaded pictures from PSE12 to Revel by dragging and dropping them onto Revel in a browser.  However, it caused my PSE12 library to increase from 11378 to 15953 files (Revel agent was on in the back ground).  Twice the Revel agent turned itself off during the day.  On the second time I turned it back on it remained in “detecting changes” mode for 8 hours (through the night) and the number of files in PSE12 remained at 15953.  

So now I’m going to continue to add the files to Revel by hand (drag a drop) in batches of about 300.    BTW, the Revel iphone app did register files increase from 8457 to 8757 with the first batch.   I have left the Revel Agent off.  I’ll turn it on when I’m done with all the manual uploads and see if it can sort things out….   Maybe this isn’t a good idea, but I got the impression yesterday it is consuming processor time and not doing much except cause file bloating. 

I’m happy to take your advice

-ian

• 19. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                                              ~V Adobe Employee

Red5555,

Thanks for the information. Could you please tell if we could have a connect session with you. It would be an online meeting where we would like to see the issue on both of your catalogs and try to investigate. The session may be 30-45 minutes long. Let me know if it is feasible for you. It would help us investigate the issue on your machine. Once you confirm the feasibility, I shall send you the details of the meeting through a private message on this forum.

Regards,

vaishali

• 20. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                                                Red5555 Community Member

That sounds great.  Between what hours (in Pacific Standard Time) do you want to do this?

• 21. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                                                  Red5555 Community Member

Hi Vaishali

I spent a bunch of time with the PSE12 and Revel on the weekend.  If you remember, I turned the Revel agent off while I added the rest of my pictures to Revel by dropping on the Revel web page. 

When I turned Revel agent on, it spent over 12 hours in the “detecting changes” mode. Then within one hour it seemed to increase the total number of files within PSE from 15,811 to 21, 789. Visually you can see that nearly every photo in PSE12 is now duplicated.   Then it steadily started adding pictures to Revel on line – From 10,624 to 11,268.  I suspect most of these were duplicates.  When I started deleting duplicates (100’s of them) in PSE12 the Revel number dropped to 11,097 but then with time start climbing again to 12,234.  Then it got stuck here for 12 hour even though it was saying “updating 81 files”.  When I rebooted the agent ( I had deleted a bunch of files on PSE12 in the mean time).  The number dropped to 12,102 but then started climbing again to 12,195.  Then I stopped the agent again because I had discovered some other interesting things and I didn’t want any more duplicates.  The PSE 12 numbers did settle out at 20,907.  

Recap: my original PSE12 file number was about 11000.   By using the revel agent I added 9,000 pictures to my catalog these must be duplicates or triplicates.   The Revel agent seems to be trying to replicate those 9,000 duplicates in revel on line with disregard to duplicate pictures.

I started investigating the file structure of my pictures wondering where these duplicates were being stored.  Attached is a pictorial view of the size of various file folders where I keep my pictures (File: “recent photos files structure”).  I admit the organization system is awful… but what caught my eye is the syncdb folders.  What are in them?  Why are there two of them?

Furthermore, attached is an explorer view of my file structure.  Why are there two catalog 11?  That last file folder holds 12,000 pictures and is 8.7 GB big.  This may be a major source of my duplicate files. 

When I use a third-party good picture finding program it identifies 9000 duplicate pictures not including the ones in the Revel file folder, i.e  just within that first “recent photos file structure” ie. C:\public\pictures\all photos since Sept 2013.    It identifies the majority of the duplicate files to be various repetitive folders within the directory structure that it would appear I created by being negligent in my file organizing and backing up.  However, about 20% seem to be duplicates from  the syncdb folders.  See attached. 

When I look at duplicates within PSE12,  I didn’t find an exception to one file being from the Revel directory and one file being from my “C:\..\all photos..”.     Even when third party duplicate photo finder says both files come from  “C:\..\all photos..”  PSE12 reports the duplicate is from c:\..\Revel\..\My Catalog 1 1.   PSE seems to be suppressing the duplicates in C:\...\all photos… but can’t do the same with the Revel files. 

There are photos that do not have a duplicate.  They are sometimes  from c:\..\All photos..   or from C\..\Revel\My catalog.   This is likely a result of  indiscriminate deleting I did on the weekend.  BTW, the C:\Revel photos are of lesser quality with less metadata.  

There are 47,000 files in C:\..\All photos.  

There are 21,000 files in the PSE12 catalog (19500 photos, 1500 videos)

There are 12, 000 files in Revel online

There are 12,000 files in C:\..\Revel\My catalog.  (11,500 photos)

There are 9,000 duplicate photos in C:\..\All photos.   (independently identified, not a calculation, 20,000 photos total)

There are 1,900 duplicate photos in C:\..\Revel\My catalog

I started with 11,000 files in PSE12.- I don’t recall very many duplicates. 

You might say 11,000 originally plus 9,000 duplicates equals the 21,000 in the catalog (plus videos and some error) but the duplicates add only 4,500 files (9,000 pairs of original plus duplicate)

Vaishali : How do I return to one copy of each picture on my C:\, one copy of each picture in Revel online and one copy of each picture registered in the PSE12 catalog?

What is the potential complication/disadvantage of putting all 11,000 photos in one folder?

What are all those syncdb  and Revel files doing duplicating the pictures on my harddrive?

Thanks for any help,

ian

• 22. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                                                    ~V Adobe Employee

Ian,

Is this revel account migrated from ps.com or you had been using it with Elements 11 for Import/Export workflow with Elements 11?Also you are using the same converted catalog in E12 with same revel account?

If that is the case, it might be causing duplicates as Elements 11 only supported import and export workflow to Revel. And converted catalog has the same media which is already there on Revel and due to new design to support the access anywhere functionality, the mapping between the same media is lost between the versions.

If you want to start over again, you can choose any of the following workarounds:

Workaround 1. Reconvert Elements 11 catalog. Empty the Revel library and setup Revel from Elements again.

Workaround 2. In existing Elements 12 catalog, signout from Settings. Go to Sign in dialog once again. Choose to sign in as another user. This takes your catalog back to a state before it started to access Revel. Now Delete media on Revel and signin again with same user so that the process can be started again.

Workaround 3: In Elements, choose to remove duplicates from Find>By visual searches>Duplicate photos. However this is time consuming for large catalogs , so not recommended.

Regards,

vaishali

• 23. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                                                      Red5555 Community Member

No I have never used PSE 11. 

So you suggest I start the connection to Revel again with a fresh account? 

Presumably this will be after I find a way to remove all the duplicates from my PSE system and my file structure. 

How do I know Revel will not start duplicating my files again?  It clearly caused some of the duplicates in PSE.

-Ian

• 24. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                                                        ~V Adobe Employee

Ian,

Is your revel account migrated from photoshop.com account?

Also you wrote the following in one of your responses above:

Yesterday I have successfully uploaded pictures from PSE12 to Revel by dragging and dropping them onto Revel in a browser.  However, it caused my PSE12 library to increase from 11378 to 15953 files (Revel agent was on in the back ground).  Twice the Revel agent turned itself off during the day.  On the second time I turned it back on it remained in “detecting changes” mode for 8 hours (through the night) and the number of files in PSE12 remained at 15953.  

So now I’m going to continue to add the files to Revel by hand (drag a drop) in batches of about 300.    BTW, the Revel iphone app did register files increase from 8457 to 8757 with the first batch.   I have left the Revel Agent off.  I’ll turn it on when I’m done with all the manual uploads and see if it can sort things out….   Maybe this isn’t a good idea, but I got the impression yesterday it is consuming processor time and not doing much except cause file bloating. 

You said you dragged them to a browser(looks like adoberevel.com) but at the same time you wrote from PSE 12. Are you dragging the same files through adoberevel.com which you also marked from Elements catalog? It might have caused duplicates as you are using two clients to upload same files.

~V

• 25. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                                                          Red5555 Community Member

Thanks for the reply. 

No I didn’t migrate from photoshop.com

Yes, I was adding to Revel by two methods.  I was very careful to not add duplicates.  Revel agent works sequentially by file date so its easy to see where I can add without causing duplicates. I started adding files using a second method  because Revel Agent stopped, claiming the system was ‘uptodate’.   I suspect that the agent got confused when I added the pictures by a second method and that started the duplication.  However, I think it should be smarter than that.   I am also pretty sure it started to make duplicates of pictures that were added using the agent.  How else do I go from a real size of 8,000 pics to 22,000?

So the core problem was the Revel Agent stopped syncing.  The work-around started a host of problems.

In order to remove the duplicates, it is ideal to collect and store all my pictures in one file.  Can you think of any down side of 8000 files in a folder from an OS or a  PSE12 perspective?

-Ian

• 26. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                                                            Matthias644 Community Member

I installed a fresh PSE 12 and made a premium subscription at revel and installed the new Windows 8 app.

I did some testing with the automatic library and decided to delete it and start with the real thing.

Since I deleted the initial libaray nothing works.

The agent gives me the message that my account is OK, but it isn't.

It does not load my entire Catalog as asked, not does it upload images in albums.

The only way workin is uploading a file on adoberevel.com. The file properly pops up in PSE12.

Is there a way to reset the entire revel account?

Kind regards

MT

• 27. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                                                              Red5555 Community Member

HI  Thanks for contacting me.  Unfortunately I don’t have any solution for you.  I didn’t get a solution to my similar problem.  I have spent a good portion of the Christmas holidays finding the duplicate pictures that Revel creates on my hard drive.  I plan to rebuild my PSE12 catalog with less duplicates and then try a fresh revel account with a new email address.   I was planning on using Revel as an off-line back-up.  However, it doesn’t work like that since is lowers the resolution of the pictures.  So I’m still looking for a back up system.  I will try revel for picture sharing and editing away from my home computer.  However, if it doesn’t work reliably, I’ll switch to something else. 

Good luck,

Ian

• 28. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                                                                Matthias644 Community Member

Hi Ian,

I simply cannot believe what you write.

Is Revel really changing images, without asking us? If for some reason they are fixing or adjusting the size of our images, they should at least tell us.

I used to work at Adobe and definitely knew that they were the good guys. Warnock and Chuck should still be around.

Kind regards

Matthias

• 29. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                                                                  Red5555 Community Member

They don’t change our personal files in PSE12.  They make copies at a lower resolution and write them to the hard drive.  Look at the ‘Revel’ folder on your hard drive.  They put these smaller files on their server too I imagine.  Look within folder ‘syncdb” too.  Piles of copies there too with long Hexdec file names. 

-Ian

• 30. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                                                                    ~V Adobe Employee

HI Ian,

I have written you a private message on this forum for a connect meeting with us. it would help us in investigation of this issue.

Kindly look at it and respond with your availability.

Regards,

vaishali

• 31. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                                                                      Almac44 Community Member

I am having similar problems with Revel. I have a paid Revel account which works but has not updated anything since December 2013. Stuff has been added via Photoshop and Premiere Elements12 Organiser and appears there - but not in Revel , which seems to think it is up to date. Elements organiser seems to spend all its time updating Thumbnails, rather slowly, and seems to be dealing with about 15000 items, which seems a lot - I did not think I had that many originals. After updating about 200 or so thumbnails a windows message appears saying that Elements organiser has stopped working and invites me to close it. No explanation as to why, or what to do about it.

Not a very impressive performance.

I suspect I need to recreate the Elements organiser and Revel catalogues but am not sure how to go about this without recreating the same problems

Elements running on a Windows 8.1 64 bit machine. Revel accessed on an iPad or Android phone. 

• 32. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                                                                        *V Adobe Employee

Amac44,

Sorry for the issues you have been facing. Could you try updating Elements 12 to 12.1? Let me knowif that does not help either.

Regards,

vaishali

• 33. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                                                                          clearly44 Community Member

I purchased 12 last Friday, July 18.  I did have Photoshop.com.  I used to have Photoshop Elements 9.  Everything had migrated over to Revel from Photoshop.com.

Well, now I am having duplicate problems also.  I did have the switch set in Preferences (Revel) to make all my albums sync with Revel.  I even set the albums up as "mobile albums".  Since that time I have changed my setting and changed the button to "off" for automatic syncing with Revel.  I did have approximately 6500 photos.  I now have just over 20,000.  I thought I would "fix" things by moving my photos around with Windows Explorer.  Big mistake!  Now my photos cannot be found.  I should have done it in the program.

I uninstalled PE 12 and reinstalled thinking that the program would start anew with my photo locations.  Wrong.  Same problem.  Now I am thinking of deleting via Windows Explorer, the catalog listed under "Revel".  But I am now chicken to do anything!

All in all I have 14,000 dups, and 6000 missing files.  Not sure where to turn next!

Perhaps a "Quick Start Guide" would be good to read before we install this program!

• 34. Re: Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing
                                                                            *V Adobe Employee

Clearly44,

Could you go through the KB article shared at http://helpx.adobe.com/elements-organizer/kb/duplicate-photos-revel-elements.html

Do you have a back up of your catalog before you signed into Revel from Elements? If not, you may follow the steps shared at KB article to restore your catalog to the state before you signed in.

Regards,

vaishali