1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 22, 2013 11:25 AM by sinious

submitting iphone app to an already published iPad app

jaza2319

Hey there people,

Hope you can help me. I have an iPad app made in flash pro CC. It is live on the store. I then went to develop the iPhone version. Using adobe Air 3.9 I added in the iPhone & iPad in the choose your device section when publishing my ipa file.

When I sent the file to apple I get the invalid binary error. I tried this multiple times changing various things to no luck. i then submitted it just selecting the iPad as the device and it didn't give that error. This tells me I can't update a published iPad app to have iPhone included.

I'm hoping there is a way to do it or some way around this. Does anyone have any advice.

Rehards,

Jamie

• 1. Re: submitting iphone app to an already published iPad app
          sinious Most Valuable Participant

I haven't had that experience. There could be a million little things that can easily monkey wrench this fragile Apple process. Is there any more information at all besides "invalid binary" in the error?

Are you certain that you read over the guidelines for supporting iPhone? All icons, resolutions (retina or not), set to export AIR3.9, etc? Have you verified the version of AIR has been overlayed properly by printing the current runtime version (trace(NativeApplication.nativeApplication.runtimeVersion);) and set the appropriate namespace/icons/entitlements in the XML? Sometimes we update the AIR SDK so many times we forget there may be structure changes in newer AIR SDK versions that need to be added/updated.

1 person found this helpful