1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 22, 2013 11:00 AM by Mark Mapes

Subclip issues

Douglas GEntry

Hello, I'm new to P Pro and coming from another NLE background, so I'm sure there is a quick answer.

There is no short cut to create a sublicp that works on my machine. I see that other people can use Command + U, but it doesn't work for me. I have to go to the menu.

I did hotkey it, but still this is a bit strange.

Another issue is ther that is no "soft subclip" tick box as described at http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-premiere-pro-cc/create-soft-subclips-with-flexible-edit-po ints/

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wring?

I'm on an iMac, 10.8.4.

• 1. Re: Subclip issues
          Mark Mapes Adobe Employee

What panel has focus when you're trying the keyboard shortcut? In my experience, it works only when the Source Monitor or Project panel has focus. And a source with In +/or Out Point set must be loaded in Source Mon/selected in Project panel.

As for the "soft subclip" option, that's new to CC. Is that the version you're using?

As one who uses subclips quite a lot, I settled on "P" for the shortcut--what it lacks in mnemonic association it more than makes up for in proximity to the workflow-related shortcuts: JKL and I/O.